A Mint old Colt .38 Special Target Revolver!

boa2

Here is an exceptionally mint 1950 Colt OMS target revolver! You just don't find these easily, in this beautiful condition! I'm disappointed in my new digital camera slightly underexposing these pictures-because, the finish is bright and radiant(Instead of looking somewhat dull, in my pictures!)however, there can be no doubts about the mintness of this wonderful .38 special Colt revolver, from a time, from long ago, whenever Colt tearget revolvers were winning target matches all over our Country!
P1000185.jpg

P1000225.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000221.jpg

P1000205.jpg

GWCustom

That is a beautiful revolver! To bad that the rear sight has been changed from the original to a Micro. I beleive the original was call a Colt master or something like that. The front blade may have been changed also to work with the higher Micro rear.

Van Schneider
The Gunworks
Gunsmith

boa2

GWCustom:

1)I have an original Coltmaster rear sight in a box-but, I don't know how to install it? I didn't want to chance damaging this revolver, by fumbling around(Attempting)to put this proper rear sight on it!

2)I don't think the front sight has been altered.

3)Thanks, for your nice compliment!

Last edited:

GWCustom

Boa,
Been a while since I changed a Coltmaster sight but I beleive it is just dovetailed into the frame. As for the Micro it should have two tiny set screws going down through the base to hold it into the dovetail. If you don't feel comfortable changing it and want to then I would be glad to change it for you. If your interested give me a call tues-fri between 9&5 EST. My number is 419-626-3034. Or my email is gunworkscustom@sbcglobal.net.

deadin

Nice gun!
Don't feel bad about your camera not capturing that early Colt blue. It's almost impossible to replicate.:D

Dean