A gun that actually has an accidental discharge

Andrew Wiggin

Low quality guns can AD. I had a Jennings .22lr discharge when I let the slide down on a chambered round that had been stuck. No injuries but I suspect the extractor struck the rim hard enough to set off the primer.

Jim567

Low quality guns can AD. I had a Jennings .22lr discharge when I let the slide down on a chambered round that had been stuck. No injuries but I suspect the extractor struck the rim hard enough to set off the primer.

--------------------------------------

I never had the thought! Wow, all .22 rimfires engage the rim with the extractor on chambering.
A bit scary now it was pointed out.
Speaks well to all the folks who designed .22 extractors - that this is the first time I have heard mention of the possibilty.

Dc777

Well if someone ever has to draw their gun to protect themselves but are shaking too much to pull the trigger, then they might need this gun :eek:

Walt Sherrill

I once saw a 1911 go full auto because of a worn sear. That was a real eye-opener for all involved.

Having had a Luger go full-auto after coming back from a gunsmith, I can tell you that more than EYES can get opened when that happens. :eek:

(Luckily I only had three rounds in the mag -- but not out of an attempt to be safe... They DO tend to go upward if you're not anticipating it.

I now always load two rounds when trying out a gun that has been worked on.)

Waspinator

....and they're off!

heh, I got a chuckle from that :D

I will say though, that was one crazy gun in that video.. even with the safety on too. It wasn't like he was shaking it all that much either.. I was expecting the person to be wildly swinging to and fro, but it was not much.. heck, running with it on your hip probably would have shook it more. Crazy.

gadawg31

Really guys! I guess I have been sheltered with all the Taurus's I have owned. I have a PT99, that I have had for years and it has been one of my best pistols. I carried the Beretta 92F for many years as my service weapon and my PT99 is almost an exact replica. Maybe things have changed and I have not realized it, but I also have not bought any of their new guns.

Leejack

Maybe things have changed and I have not realized it, but I also have not bought any of their new guns.

I've had and old one and a new one (99 and 92), the new one is just as good. The only down side is they added a stinking rail and cheap grip panels which take away from the beautiful looks of then gun.

gadawg31

Leejack, I will tell you this. If I ever run out of bullets, I can throw the darn thing at the bad guy and probably break something. :)