A Gentleman's Gun

HKFan9

I was looking for a new .22LR handgun to have. I was anticipating the release of the Sig p232 .22lr's but someone in a post about them made a comment on he only buys quality makes, which got me thinking.

Low and behold I won an auction for this beauty... figured wedding season is here... never know when I would need a discrete and classy personal defense assistant to go with me.:cool:

It came in excellent shape, with the original case, original manual, original test target, original grips, and two magazines (that sell for $100 a pop now). I picked up the wooden grips, I saw em and just had to have them. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it seems almost unfired, and by the test target she will most likely be a keeper.

Pics are from my cell phone, barely do this gun justice.

HKFan9

Hopefully tomorrow a lot with my new glock project gun for the first time... according to tracking from LWD my Glock slide and barrel should be here tomorrow, I have been waiting 3+ months, I am eager to shoot both.:rolleyes:

kcub

I've had 3. The first was an early stainless that jammed a lot. The 2nd was a German pre ban blued that was very reliable with standard velocity .22 ammo. The 3rd was another stainless that is reliable with everything.

If you have trouble, try other ammo. Especially standard velocity.

Great little guns.

PSP

Nice find. One of my favorite mouse guns. Have both calibers. The TPH is loads of fun. :D Once had an interesting experience shooting Aquila Hyper velocity .22lr. The rounds produced perfectly round, wadcutter like, holes in the paper. :eek: Looked to be about 38 caliber size. Never happened with another brand ammo or gun. :confused:

This one should prove to be a good investment as well. Have fun.

HKFan9

Ran now the local public range just to test her quick. Shoots CCI minimag with no issues what so ever. I ran a box of 100 through it with no hiccups, and shot very well to point of aim even from 25 yards out.

I tried some cheap federal brick stuff I have laying around, and it shot accurate as well, but I got 3 FTE out of 50 round box, I would suspect it is the lower pressure. At the end of the day it is just plinking ammo after all I can live with that.

I did not get the dreaded Walther bite... however I did get a Walther scratch a few times, nothing that I really noticed until I was done shooting.

All in all I am happy to own it, it is just so sleek I find it hard not to stare at it.:rolleyes:

HKFan9

PSP the .25's seem to be a little out of my price range, atleast for what I would like to spend on a mouse gun.:eek: I would like to see both of yours side by side tho.

PSP

I would like to see both of yours side by side tho.

Very little difference between them. Recoil is much stiffer in the .25 and mags were much easier and cheaper to find than the .22lr.

All in all I am happy to own it, it is just so sleek I find it hard not to stare at it

Yes, something about the shape and size. :cool:

Sevens

Neat.

Wonder why no flamin' red dot for "fire!" on the rimfire?
Seems quite obvious sittin' next to the other one.

aarondhgraham

That's a nice little pistola my friend,,,

That's a nice little pistola my friend,,,
I have an affinity for small semi-auto 22's.

I smiled at the term "Gentleman's Gun" though,,,
It implies that a gentleman wouldn't be seen,,,
Where a larger caliber gun might be needed.

Aarond

dayman

I do love the lines of a classic Walther.
I've always wanted one, but never seem to get around to buying one.
However, I'm not sure how gentlemanly it is to use that particular part of the anatomy for your silhouettes. Or am I looking at it wrong?

DA/SA Fan

Very nice gun!

I've rarely been accused of being a gentleman, but until I can find a REALLY good deal on a nice blued PPK in 32acp, I'll be packing this in my tux.:cool:

069cf675-1ae2-468b-b664-4f6b21589802_zps41fb7556.jpg

Last edited: