A funny thing happened while cleaning brass....

woad_yurt

This morning, I dumped a bunch of .38 SPL brass in the tumbler and went about my business. I left the top off because I was lazy, I guess. When I came back, the tumbling medium and the shells were all over the place, like someone threw the tumbler across the room. The mess was unreal.

It seems that Kitty likes to play with the cases as they vibrate around in there. So, to those of you with curious cats, keep the lid on your tumbler.

PS: I'm cleaning brass as I type (lid is on!) and the cat is here, staring at it, just waiting for some action.

That's her below, getting involved, as usual.

SpringfieldM601.jpg

Smokey Joe

Cats...

Woad Yurt--Cats are hard-wired to grab at anything that moves. Guess you learned yr lesson, and will now always fasten the lid on the tumbler! :)

One of my cats used to leap on top of the covered fish tank, and spend hours trying to figure out how to lean over the edge and grab a fish through the glass. Of course he never managed it, and eventually gave up. Then he'd just sit on the floor and watch the fish, wishing.

If you want to get scratched, by even the gentlest kitty, have it in yr lap, be patting it, and suddenly pull yr hand away--odds are that Kitty will grab with all claws extended.

I suspect yr cat enjoyed "catching" all those wiggling shiny .38 cases!

Pbearperry

Maybe that pesky cat licked his paws after?Problem solved.Seriously,I hope the cat doesen't get sick from lead poisoning.

rjrivero

At least your cat didn't use your media as a litter box. I've had that problem more than once. You would think I would learn to close the door in my reloading room after the first time, wouldn't you?:eek:

Avenger

One of my cats regards .45ACP brass as the greatest thing since the milk jug ring. I long ago learned that if my brass count is off after a range trip, it'll be under the oven, where it finally skittered beyond piddy-paw range. The odd thing is that she utterly ignores unfired .45 ammo, it's just the brass that she plays with.

YankeeRebel

DasFriek,

The rifle looks like the Air Force survival rifle we had in the early '60s. The top was a 22, don't remember if it was a 22 lr, mag or larger, and a .410 shot gun lower. On the bottom of the stock, directly under the hammer, is the trigger. The reason it is not a conventional trigger is so it can be fired with winter gloves on. It will fold down so as to reduce the room needed in the survival pack.