A&E- Guns in America

longhair

A&E is suppose to have a thing on guns in America for 5 nights. I think it's going to start this comming week, but could be wrong.
It ought to be real interesting to watch them handle this. Anyone wanna bet it's going to end up being a gun bashing??? we'll see!!!!

------------------
what me worry? hell yes!!

A&E is, I believe owned by Time Warner?

This will certainly not be a balanced show. Law and Order, A&E Biography and several other shows spread disinformation as often as possible.

Some years ago, A&E aired the biography of Tim McVeigh. It spent relatively little time talking about McVeigh; most of it was dedicated to associating anyone who owns a firearm or criticizes the federal govt with "white supremicists" and the militia movement. They also made it clear that McVeigh was arrested in posession of "armor piercing Black Talon bullets".

An excerpt from my letter to them at the time:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>In summary, if we look at your program on the whole, I find it to be divisive in the extreme. It was not so much a biography of McVeigh as it was an indictment of specific American "profiles". It equates the man suspected of the most heinous act of terrorism ever to hit American soil with all those who "collect" firearms. It perpetuates the myth of millions of "automatic weapons" on American streets. It equates all those who choose to vociferously oppose the continued encroachment of our civil liberties with "militia groups". It equates those who choose to quote the words of our Founding Fathers with modern day subversives. It equates militia groups with domestic terrorists....and on and on, ad nauseum. In short, it attempts to pit American against American in the highest tradition of McCarthyism and the days of the Hollywood "Black Lists".[/quote]
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited June 13, 1999).]

longhair

Rich, that was a good letter. i bet when they read it they were saying...uh huh! that's right!!!!

I doubt that my wife will let me watch too much of it. she knows how i get, and she has to live with me(poor woman, don't want me shootin' the big screen). so i reckon i'll just have to see what y'all say about it on here...

------------------
what me worry? hell yes!!

Johan762

If I'm not mistaken, A&E aired this program a few years ago, and if I remember it correctly, it was a pretty well balanced show. Unfortunately, however, the host/commentator/narrator Bill Curtis completely disregarded the conclusion of the show, and gave an anti gun statement at the end of the show. Anti gun people don't care about facts!

Johannes

Jeff Thomas

You guys got me curious. Here's the scoop:

GUNS IN AMERICA: GUN LIFE
PREMIERE: June 28 at 9pm/1am ET (6pm/10pm PT)
LENGTH:1 hour
HOST: Bill Kurtis
PRODUCED BY: Gabriel Films for A&E Network
**WORLD PREMIERE [NR]
See: http://www.aetv.com/viewers/investigative/gunlife.html

GUNS IN AMERICA: INSIDE THE NRA
PREMIERE: June 29 at 9pm/1am ET (6pm/10pm PT)
PRODUCED BY: CBS News Productions for A&E Network
**WORLD PREMIERE [NR]
See: http://www.aetv.com/viewers/investigative/nra.html

GUNS IN AMERICA: THE GUN EFFECT
PREMIERE: June 30 at 9pm/1am ET (6pm/10pm PT)
PRODUCED BY: Kurtis Productions, Ltd. for A&E Network
**WORLD PREMIERE [NR]
See: http://www.aetv.com/viewers/investigative/guneffct.html

I'm not too optimistic either. Where's John Stossel when you need him ...

Paul B.

Bill Kurtis? Mayor Daley? An ex NYC DA. Oh this is going to be some fair unbiased reporting all right. Please pass the prozac.
Paul B.