A day at the range with my Taurus 454 Raging Bull

Capt Rick Hiott

A couple of buddies and I went to the outdoor range yesterday.
I took my (New to me) 454 and a box of 45 long colt shells to set the scope on the gun.
My buddy Ron had a bore sighting tool that came in handy and got me very close for the first set of shots at 25 yards.

22RagingBullX600-1.jpg

After getting comfortable and getting the scope pretty close, I moved out to 50 yards and made a few shots. I was shooting at the same target that my buddy was with his 30-06. He was also setting a scope.

As you can see here the gun did OK with the ammo I was shooting. It was also very windy at the time we were there. I don't know If that had more to do with it or not, but I think the gun (Or me) can do better next time.

44RagingBullX600.jpg

One more thing I wanted to say is that this gun shoots the 45 long colts like they are a 22 cal!
The gun has hardly any recoil at all.
I did have one 454 shell that the guy gave me at ATP where I bought the gun from. THAT was a BIG difference from the 45LC for sure.
I know Ill have to reset the scope when I get a box of 454 300GR shells.
Can any body tell me what works the best in this gun as far as a good 454 shell?

33RagingBullX600-1.jpg

O yeah,,,The paint job help up good with just a few scratches after 50 rounds.....

11RagingBullX800.jpg

EdInk

Very impressive, sir. I am starting to think that a Raging Bull may fill my desire for a .44 magnum revolver. Although the .454 Casull could work to with .45LC ammo. I'm not a reloader (nor plan to be anytime soon) so maybe the 454 would be better. I'll have to price the difference in 44spcl vs 45lc for practice. I probably won't shoot either very often with full power stuff. May just get which ever gun goes for less. Who knows?

What barrel length do you Raging Bull owners prefer for best overall feel/performance?

wrt81

Cool stuff. My dad has one of those except it's stainless/silver I think. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm going to try the next time I go down to visit.