A comprehensive Ruger book?

Rich Miranda

I was hoping to find a book that covers Ruger firearms (handguns in particular) similar to the way that the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson does for S&W. Lots of info, pictures (color is a plus) and the like.

What would y'all recommend?

Thanks!

(This thread is in General Handgun forum because I am interested in Ruger handgun information, but please move it if needed.)

Venom1956

No book that I know of. But Ruger does list all its Models including discontinued ones on their website along with serial numbers, manufacturing dates. They have a pistol and revolver section.

newrugersafan

See if you can find a copy of "Ruger & His Guns" By R.L.Wilson. Has long guns also but a good read of all things Ruger.

DSC01640.jpg

Mike

5Wire

Nuts?

The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson is just their print catalogue. $39.95 for a manufacturer's catalogue is nuts.

The SCSW is not in any way Smith & Wesson's print catalog. The current edition, 3rd, and each of the two previous editions have been private works of love by James Supica and Richard Nahas.

Supica and his family used to operate the Armchair Gunshowm Old Town Station Ltd. He left that endeavor to become the director of the NRA Firearms Museum in Fairfax Virginia.

The SCSW,3rd Ed. has much more detailed information and history in it than any product catalog would undertake to convey. It's great to read and an indispensable resource for eeking out details of the what, when, where, why, and how of firearms made by Smith & Wesson.

Even at $39.95 it's a bargain. Amazon has it for $28.37, If you're real geeky, you may me able to get an copy autographed through the Armchair site, above.

51T4K6okn4L._SS500_.jpg

Last edited: