A co-worker has just threatened to come in shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban assault

Well, I should say "ex co-worker". He was fired today for low productivty and attitude problems. We are at the slowest time of the year for our business anyway, and the new owner decided to cut away some dead wood. When this guy found out, he just smiled a lot. Later in the day he approached another worker and told him to stay home on thursday because he was going to shoot everyone and he liked this particular person. The guy he told this too immediately informed our supervisor. The boss and the supervisor called the nutball into the office and asked him if he had said those things. He very calmly admitted to it. They paid him what was owed and asked him to leave. This guy has no family, no pets, no wife or kids and rents a room nearby. He doesnt seem to have any friends and is considered a loner. He fits the so-called pattern of threat that accompanies these work-related shooters. The word spread very quickly and us workers got together and tried to figure out a good response to the threat. Quickly it was agreed that everyone who has a firearm will start bringing them in and keeping them within reach. The new boss heard of this and said that he couldnt legally give his permission to do these things but that what he didnt see couldnt be used against us. This was accompanied by a big wink. The police were called and the information was relayed about the nutball. That was a joke. They said that if we saw him on the premises again we should call them. Oh yah, that will be very helpful. I am sure that when I call 911 during the shooting, the phone will emit a protective shield to block incoming bullets. I will be bringing my Remington 870 Police shotgun and my ParaOrd P14 tommorrow and for a period of time after as well. Needless to say, we are all in a heightened state of awareness. I guess that I better practice "duck and cover" techniques ;)

michael

jadams951

Yikes, that is all we need is another psycho going crazy giving firearms a bad name. Chances are that if he said he is going to do it he probably won't. But I am with you...I am not going to take the chance and see if I am wrong or not. Be prepared...in Texas a business is considered private property and people on those premises can legally carry a firearm. It's just the travel to work that might get you in trouble. Although, being an LEO, I usually don't bother with people who have a firearm in their vehicle unless they have got a record or are a ****.

Cheapo

Puh-Leeze!!!!

Please tell your co-workers TODAY that they had better be most on guard Wednesday and Friday--the days before and after the threat.

My college buddy died, in part, because the employer did not believe a credible and day-specific threat from a known goof who had previously been under a shrink's care.

If there is any way to monitor the situation from a parking lot vantage point, please do that as well.

I would be on guard for a full month.

Find a way to put Lithium in the guy's water, help him find a new job, and keep the Prozac away from him! Prozac works great, but all H-E double-toothpicks breaks out when the nut STOPS taking it!

Betty

Creepy! I hope he doesn't go off the deep end and actually put his words into action. My employer installed a keypad entry at our workplace after my ex-boyfriend threatened all of us. It was nice, but not too great as the front of the offices are all full-size glass panes.

urban assault

What complicates the issue, is that my home is RIGHT NEXT DOOR! literally. I can walk to work in about a minute and a half. While I have not had problems with the nutball, I worry about him coming to my house first. I get to tell my wife about all of this when she gets home tonight. I think that she needs to know just in case he shows up on the front porch. Tommorrow I am going to recommend that all outside doors stay locked so that only current employees have access to our two buildings. The buildings are connected by a trussed and roofed open space so security is problematic at best. We are relatively off the beaten path and set way back from the road. Something like this really makes you aware of how vulnerable we all are. I found myself looking at my home and work buildings with a critcal eye and saw too many weak spots. If this idiot
is seen on the premises there will be a warning on the paging system thruout the business. Damm, I must admit to being very worried. Hope my wife stays calm. See ya later with an update if something happens.

michael

Status
Not open for further replies.