A bubba mosin set to a new purpose.

SurplusShooter

I recently picked up a bubba'ed mosin. Seems some one wanted a sporter and chopped the stock on a mosin and rounded the fore-end and filed the cheek come back about a half an inch. Well good thing it was nothing extream value its a 1943 mix matched arsenal refinished rifle. I was thinking about restoring it but I already have a nice historically correct 91/30 and it would coast more in parts the the whole gun did. So, I refinished the butchered stock and smoothed out the file marks and am currently working on the bolt and removing the cosmoline and rough spots. I have decided to tidy the mosin up and turn it in to a truck gun type rifle. I will post pictures when I am finished of the cleaned up repurposed rifle.

tahunua001

Aweful long for a truck gun but still fun to have around. I'm picking me up a mosin nagant in about a month. I was going to bubba me up one as well but after shooting one I decided that it's too much time, money and work for what the end result would be; a cheap plinker.

SurplusShooter

Its a bit long for a truck gun but not bad and most of the "sporter" work was done when i bought this one. All I had to do was clean up the rough edges of it.