A blast from the past....

Beagle333

Just posting a few pictures to keep the board moving along. Here's a few of the Mihec 45-70 160gr bullet that I got 5 years ago.

The MiHec .460 Collar Button mold. :)

collarbutton001_zps0621e74b.jpg

Cast up with some soft alloy.
collarbutton006_zpsb47521a2.jpg

Enjoying a hot soak in beeswax, olive oil, and 1/4 of a red crayon.
PC003_zpscdb3114d.jpg

Ready for a quick trip down the .45-70 tube. :D
PC005_zpsf18935cd.jpg

Beagle333

I lubed em before I sized em. I put the whole pan of lube in the freezer until it was a little stiffer than room temp. Not solid frozen, but hard like ice cream. Then I just pushed on the nose of em and they popped out the back. Pretty clean too! But then after a trip through the sizer, of course they ended up very clean then.

Mike / Tx

Yep tha man is truly an artist when it comes to working with the Pb medium.

One of these days if I keep practicing I might get the hang of it.:D

Old 454

Lolol I love casting.... but man i do not cast anywhere near as good as some of you here.

But I still have fun and shoot them anyway

gwpercle

I never could master pan lubing....neatly anyways .
I managed to spill hot melted bullet lube on the kitchen floor, table , my pants , shirt and the dog ( a beagle named Elmo ) he even got his ears in it .
The wife gave me money and made me go buy a Lyman 450 lube sizer.
She was just a bit upset at the mess me and Elmo had made trying to pan lube bullets !
It wasn't pretty !
Gary

Old 454

Yea I am ready to chuck all my alloyed ingots... something just isnt right.

Gonna go with straight lead and tin... and maybe a sliver of super hard

Was thinking 16lbs lead to 1 lb tin and maybe half pound of super hard... trying for about 12 to 13 bhn

Chainsaw.

Yea I am ready to chuck all my alloyed ingots... something just isnt right.

Gonna go with straight lead and tin... and maybe a sliver of super hard

Was thinking 16lbs lead to 1 lb tin and maybe half pound of super hard... trying for about 12 to 13 bhn
More tin fixes most issues. In my experience.

Grey_Lion

I've not ever understood the appeal of the button projectile. Are they just for very short range plinking rounds or do they have another design purpose in mind?

pwc

Gwpercle has the perfect process to get spousal buy in for reloading. Minor modification should work for most everything.

gwpercle

Gwpercle has the perfect process to get spousal buy in for reloading. Minor modification should work for most everything.
Yeah ...If you don't mind sleeping with the dog on the sofa for a few nights !
That incident happened in 1972 and she still gives me the "look" if I talk about bullet lube in the kitchen.... you know that "stink eye " look they give you ?
Gary