A 9mm Beretta like the 80x Cheetah?

Pistoler0

Does Beretta offer any DA/SA pistols with a frame mounted safety/decocker in a carry size, like the 80x Cheetah, but in 9mm?

92X Performance is more of a competition gun, and does not allow for cocked and locked carry if I am not mistaken.
And the Xi is SAO.

Last edited:

TailGator

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I don't see how you can have a safety/decocker that can be carried cocked and locked.

OPC

TailGator wrote: Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I don't see how you can have a safety/decocker that can be carried cocked and locked.

It exists. HK (i.e. USP / USPc) does it.

Last edited:

Pistoler0

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I don't see how you can have a safety/decocker that can be carried cocked and locked.
My HK P30SK has a safety and a (separate) decocker, and can be carried cocked and locked if I want to.

I am looking for the same thing in a Beretta. Whether the safety and decocker are the same lever (like in the USP) or separate doesn't really matter to me, but I would like the ability to carry cocked and locked if I want to or decocked and safety on.

I don't want to go for a Beretta with a slide mounted safety because I like to have the same manual of arms in all my pistols.

sevt_chevelle

A FN fnx has a single lever that is safety and decocker, you can most certainly go cocked and locked.

The Beretta performance, defense and performance defense models all allow cocked and locked. I own them.

TailGator

Was not aware of that mechanism on the HK. It's a good day when you learn something new. Thanks, gang.

Nothing similar in a Beretta line that I am aware of, though.

Forte S+W

TailGator said:

I have two such guns, the H&K USP and the Taurus PT92, both use a three position safety/decocker lever on the frame.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Up = Safe, Center = Fire, Down = Decock.
So you can cock the hammer back, flip the safety lever up, and carry them cocked and locked.

smee78

For my FNX-45 you can apply the hammer down with safety on.

Dont know of any Beretta product like that in the Cheeta size.

DaleA

Safety/Decocker
The Taurus 92, which is still in production, has a frame mounted safety lever that when pushed down will decock the pistol.
When the safety lever is pushed up the safety is on and the slide cannot be racked.
The safety can be pushed up if the hammer is cocked or the hammer is down (decocked).
I'd say the Taurus 92 is a 'full sized' firearm...maybe to big to be considered a 'carry firearm' like the OP wanted in their original post.

bjw741

The Springfield XDe is a DA/SA with decocker that can also be carried cocked and locked. The manual safety switch is the decocker when pushed down and the manual safety is engaged when flipped up. With the gun cocked and the manual safety is engaged, the gun is essentially cocked and locked.

Last edited: