9x18 ammo... hard to find?

topspin43

I recently posted a thread regarding a few .380s that I was looking at (PPK, BDA, CZ83 and Bersa Thunder).

A number of you recommended the Makarov so that cannot be overlooked. Now that this has piqued my interest, how hard is it to get 9x18 ammo? Where to find? The price is comparable to what other ammo?

butch50

I can buy it locally here in the DFW area at several places. You can order it on line from a bunch of places as well. Check out Cheaper Than Dirt at:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/ammo_results1.asp

They have 50 rounds of wolf FMJ for $6.49; and 50 rounds of Hornady JHP for $9.52. Plus shipping.

Lots of places to get it on line. If you live near a large city you should be able to pick it up locally.

Jkwas

Midwayusa.com has a great site with a lot of .380 and mak ammo of different types. It's available, but mostly in FMJ.

Webleymkv

If for some reason or another you can't find 9x18 (I've heard it can be hard to find in some parts of Kali) you can always get a .380 barrel for your Mak.

Apple a Day

Common as grass. Any gun shop will have 9x18. They don't have it at Wal-Mart but you can get it just about anywhere else. Why spend all the $ and the trouble to convert when there is so much 9mm Makarov ammo out there?
Wolf is dirt cheap and there are piles of surplus ammo out there. I happen to like Barnaul who makes both ball and hollow points.
Cheers,

Red Tornado

It's even available out here in the sticks, which means it's available pretty much anywhere. I can find it semi-locally at less than $9/box.
RT