• S&W M&P C

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • CZ RAMI

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD 3"

Votes: 30 28.3%

• Total voters

TiP99

So i am shopping for a sub compact 9mm for concealed carry in Nebraska. I have narrowed down my choices to four sub 600 pistols.
Here is the criteria.
SubCompact
9mm
UNDER $600
Please vote, and if you have any suggestions please share. I appreciate everyones help.

TiP99

I have shot the xd in a 4" and i have shot the glock 26. I enjoyed both. I havent shot a RAMI but i have handled it and was impressed with its solid feel. The m&p c is foreign to me. I have neither shot nor handled one. Just a little background info.

dave421

Personally, I love my XD40 SC. I've never fired the XD9 SC but I did have the XD9 Service as well. Both are fantastic. The 9 was quite a bit easier to shoot and that should hold over to the Sub as well. I was originally searching for a G26 when I bought my first XD and chose it over the 26 because of the grip angle and the *slight* feeling of extra safety with the XD. Personally, I don't consider the 2 of them to be good choices to debate between unless NEITHER of them lines up for you. If the Glock grip angle works best, get it. If the XD does, get it. Yeah, you will learn the grip angle over time but I'd rather have something that works for me right now rather than after a month or so. I've looked at the CZ but wanted something lighter for a ccw. The M&P has just never appealed to me. I don't know why but I find them uncomfortable and they feel cheap to me. All 4 are good reliable choices but I would consider the Glock & XD to be the top 2 in my book.

Mosin44az

Glock 26, no contest.

It beats the others on size, and on established reputation for reliability and durability. Mine was excellent.

9x19

Glock 26... simpler design, easier to work on or modify, better parts availability and just a dang fine piece of work!

G261.jpg

D-Bak

I recently went through the same thing you are right now....

I went to the local gun shop and just decided that I would buy the one that felt the best in my hand... because i figured all of the choices are going to be reliable, as they are from major companies.

Of all of the ones you mentioned, the M&P Compact was the one for me. It felt like it was designed for my hand. The controls are easily reached by my thumb, I really liked the trigger, and with three interchangeable grip pads, you can tinker with it until you find the one that fits your hand. It just so happened that the one that was on the gun at the time was perfect for me....

The XD felt a little top heavy to me, and the Glock 26's grip was too short, because i have rather big hands.

I am currently saving up for the M&P Compact and I can't wait to get to the range with it!!!

Good luck in your search... you really can't go wrong with any of those mentioned arms, so take a saturday and head to the gun shop and handle as many guns as you can.... it will be like a little mini vacation to paradise!!!

D-Bak

waynedm

You can't go wrong with the Glock. I've heard good and bad about the Rami, it's a CZ though so I'll give it its due. I could go on and on about the poor reliability of the XDs I've see. The M&P doesn't have a track record yet. I do know I don't like the how complicated the trigger setup is on the M&P, that silly ramp that's wearing up against the sear looks like could be a problem down the road, as well as the sear tip for disassembly. If they would have kept things a little more simple it would have less to go wrong down the road.

Another thing to consider is if you want the single action or not. With the striker fired single actions you better hope your sear and firing pin block are in working order. With the Glock it's just like having the hammer down basically.

I vote CZ and Glock.

TiP99

i had a walther p99 and didnt enjoy shooting it, i love they way they look but it felt like the bore axis was high and prone to muzzle flip. I wont by another due to i didnt enjoy shooting it.
Thanks guys, keep the feedback coming, i appreciate it.

hoytinak

out of those the i'd go with the glock 26, i know it cost a little more but have you looked at the HK P2000SK?

Gideon46

Sorry to stray from your criteria but is there a reason you're not considering the Kahr P9 or PM9? Seems to be at/below your price point and is probably easier to conceal than any of the 4 you mention. It's inherently accurate. I wouldn't say it's as reliable as the Glock but I believe it's probably close. I think it's one of the best CC weapons currently in production. Triggers are great, good sights, accurate and super super slip. The PM9 fits in large docker style pockets, having said that, if you simply won't consider it, the glock is a good weapon although it sure does seem "thick"
God Bless
Gideon

fattsgalore

I saw a sub-compact S.A. XD-9 in OD green with the mag extension and fell in love. The Glock26 even with the finger extension doesn't fit my hand right.

HankL

A Glock 26 is the only Glock that I own. Out of 20 or so handguns that I own it is the only 9mm Parabellum chambered subcompact that I own. See where I'm going with this? :)

Give em all a try if you can, the pistol is for you.

TiP99

Sorry to stray from your criteria but is there a reason you're not considering the Kahr P9 or PM9? Seems to be at/below your price point and is probably easier to conceal than any of the 4 you mention. It's inherently accurate. I wouldn't say it's as reliable as the Glock but I believe it's probably close. I think it's one of the best CC weapons currently in production. Triggers are great, good sights, accurate and super super slip. The PM9 fits in large docker style pockets, having said that, if you simply won't consider it, the glock is a good weapon although it sure does seem "thick"
God Bless
Kahr price is around 718 and 749 for the P9 or PM9 respectively. I would consider them but they don't seem to fit my price range. Ill look into my local prices though.
Thanks

Mosin44az

My Glock 26 was more reliable than my PM9, and it would cost at least $60 less around Phoenix. Also Kahr does not have the rep. of Glock for reliability and durability generally. At least 2 gun store owners recently told me Kahrs are junk. Not a scientific survey, but something to think about.

The PM9 is tempting because of its size and weight, that is its advantage over the G26, but the Glock wins every other way.

Swiss Shooter

I've shot the 26 quite often and I really like it. The lack of space for the little finger can be fixed with an extended mag and makes for easier shooting, but either way it's a great gun.