9mm single action

HighValleyRanch

Are there any other single actions other than the Ruger Blackhawk availble in a .357/9mm convertible? Since I have carry weapons in both 9 and .357, I thought that it might be neat to finally have a single action around the ranch that takes both calibers.

Siggy-06

Pretty sure only ruger makes the .357/9mm conversion revolvers at the moment. You could get a 357 SA cylinder cut for moonclips in any SA revolver though to run 9mm. The 9mm is only 0.002 smaller than .357. Just give the cylinder and barrel a good cleaning after each range trip and I’d see no issue.

74A95

Yeah, you have to have the chambers reamed for 9mm because it is wider at the base than a 38/357. Then firing 38/357 in that chamber would bulge them more than normal.

One would be better off with 2 cylinder - like Ruger and Taurus do.

krunchnik

I have the Ruger New Model Blackhawk in the .357/9mm and can say for certain they are very nice shooting.I was surprised at the accuracy.
The 9mm cylinder is chambered for the 9mm specifically-there casing headspaces on the case mouth therefore there is a ledge in the cylinder where the round rests.
pMQOtpI.jpg