9MM short???

fairview mick

A friend of mine says he has a Beretta and on the barrell it says "9mm short". I have not seen the gun, and he's not really into guns, so he could be mistaken. I'm interested in it, but have never heard of that bullet!
Any help out there?
Mickey

pgg

I have a beretta model 1934 that says the same thing. It is a .380 here in the states

BerettaBuckeye

Beretta made/ makes many models in .380 ACP (aka 9mm "short ") and most of them are way cool. Your friend probably has a top quality gun there

SOSARMS

In many of the German firearms that use this caliber, the marking is 9k, noting the short variation.........quite common....have an H & K 4 with that as well.

mete

9x17, 9mm short, 9mm corto, 9mm kurz are all the same !! Remember that some italian pistols are chambered in the 9mm Glisenti !! This round has the same dimensions as the 9mm Luger but at significantly lower pressures .Do not use modern 9mm Luger ammo in a 9mm Glisenti gun !!!

BlueTrain

CZ also uses 9mm Browning as a name for the .380ACP, not to be confused with the .38 ACP. There is also a 9mm Browning Long, just to round things out, that was chambered in a variation of the Colt pocket auto.

If you look close at this pic of my Beretta 84FS Cheetah you will see it is marked "9 Short".

attachment.php