9mm or .40 cal Wheel gun

Kevin_d77

I've been getting the itch to finally purchase a wheel gun but I would like to stick to one of the rounds I shoot semi of in order to not add another caliber to the mix. That being said, I have more 9mm and .40 but also have some .45 for my Sig P220. Which guns would be good recommendations under those stipulations? It's not a must, but a definite want to stick w my common calibers.

Ideas?

surveyor

S&W 25 (or 625) in 45 acp
45 in a N frame smith is a sweet shooter..
but that's not the question you asked.. sorry..

I think that ruger made a D/A one in 9mm..as well as the single action blackhawk convertibles in 357/9mm and 45 and 45 acp..

smith made a j frame in 9mm
and another in 40/10mm..

I saw a taurus in 9mm and one in 40

Charter makes one in 40 I think.. 9mm I haven't seen yet..

I haven't shot any in 9 or 40 other than the blackhawk..

Last edited:

Deaf Smith

I vote .45 ACP.

attachment.php

The one on the right is a 3 inch 625-1 .45 ACP of mine. I use .45 Supers in it with moon clips OR reloaded .45 Auto Rim.

Nothing like a 200gr slug at over 1100 fps or a 250 gr LSWC gas checked slug at 1000.

Deaf

mongoslow

Charter Pittbull

Charter makes the Pittbull in both calibers 9mm and .40 and the cylnder design means you dont have to use moon clips. they are lightwieght 5 shots designed for conceled carry and well worth a look visit thier web page to look at thier full lineup

Kevin_d77

Yea, starting to think the same thing. What who'd be a good cost effective version? Eventually I will be inheriting a Python and a 686 (I believe)

h518may

Hey Kevin d77 , you mentioned the chiappa rhino. Don't count it out, definitely worth looking into. I have a 40ds, LUV it.

Kevin_d77

I like the looks and it's supposed to be a great shooter too. Heard the initial ones had probs though and they're still a bit expensive. Is yours in .40 and what barrel length?

Hammerhead

I would love to try a Rhino.

If the Python (sweet) and the 686 are in your future, you might not want to add yet another full size, adjustable sight .357. Maybe a fixed sight, 3" GP100 or SP101 for a possible concealment gun would be a change of pace.

Our local IDPA champ shoots a S&W .40 revolver, not the 10mm 610 - I think it's an L frame, with moon clips.

Do you have a good .22lr revolver? I think that might be the only affordable handgun to shoot in the future if we run into gov't interference with our centerfire ammo/guns.