9mm kel tec

tshadow6

My new Kel-tec P 11 is a disappointment. It had several FTFs the first day I shot it. I only use factory ammo. Does anyone know a certain brand of 9mm ammo that the P-11 likes? If I can't get it to be 100% reliable, it's traded.

alamo

Why don't you tell us what ammo you used? "Factory ammo" has a lot of possibilities. Did you clean and lube it first?

Bonstrosity

I had a p11 also and they have light strikes sometimes w/ certain ammo, blazer is a comon one i guess. I was dissappointed w/ mine and sold it.

BerettaBuckeye

Mine has been perfect and I use 2 kinds of PMC ( some kind of red and white box and also a black and gold box) and Blazer Brass, both 115. Honestly I buy what's on sale for $6 a box because it seems to make no difference to the gun. Mine also feeds 124 Gold Dots with no problem. Kel Tec has a reputation for great customer service, maybe you should call tem

Bill DeShivs

"FTF"??? Failure to fire, or failure to feed?
Use lithium automotive grease on your slide rails and barrel exterior, plus the underside of the slide-where the hammer rides.
Hold the gun firmly when firing. Failure to do so will cause feeding problems.
All guns "like" a particular brand of ammo, but it differs for individual guns.
Bill

hpg

I had the same problem with the last one I owned. It would not feed hardball at times. Traded it off. hpg

MR.G

Mine shoots anything. Over 400 rounds without a failure. Kel-Tec has very good customer service and a lifetime warranty. I would give them a call.
Also, because of the light weight of the P-11 there is a considerable amount of recoil. It can have feeding problems if you don't hold it tight.

marshall2

Almost ideal pocket gun

The P11 is almost the ideal pocket gun:
http://www.mouseguns.com/ideal.htm

If yours doesn't work right, send it back to Kel-Tec. They will fix it and send it back pretty quick. They have good customer service.

P11 almost always turn out to be very reliable firearms.

allen268

My P11 had feed problems at first, I noticed the feed ramp was extremely rough so I polished it with a dremel and haven’t had the problem since.

IdahoG36

I use wwb from walmart with no problems. I use my kel tec p11 as a ccw, and carry corbon 125gr jhp +P, which it also fires with no problems.by the way, are you using factory mags or aftermarket?

tshadow6

Thank you

Thank you everyone for the input. I will clean and lube it, then shoot it some more with a tighter grip.