9mm carbine magazine converstions

FALshootist

Does anyone make a relliable magazine conversion for the Ruger 9mm carbine (is this still in production) so that the rifle can use glock 9mm mags.

If not is there one availible for the ruger camp 9? I know these haven't been in production for about 11 years so this may be a moot point.

I'm looking for a reliable companion for my Glock.

5.56RifleGuy

Im not sure if you would be interested, but Keltec makes the a sub 2000 that takes glock mags. I have heard good things from owners, but never shot one.

As for your orginal question, I dont know.

FALshootist

Surprisingly, the Keltec looks like it coud be perfect with Glock mags, but I have my doubts about its long term durability.

The Colt AR in 9mm is a nice option but I hate to spend the money on a gun that costs alot, is as big as and wieghs as much as an AR15 in 223 when I already have an AR in 223.

5.56RifleGuy

I have been wanting a 9mm colt for some time. I have to save up for the things I want like a responsible adult though. Its going to be a while.

5.56RifleGuy

I forgot to mention, you can pick up the keltecs at a fairly cheap price. Ive seen used ones go for 200 or so. Some new ones just a little more than that even. I think Keltec would be willing to fix it if it had issues.

FALshootist

Dliller, I've considered myself a responsible adult for about 34 year now (well at least semi-responsible;))

The Keltec really does look great, but It just doesn't seem to have that Colt or Ruger long term quality.

Bedlamite, that lonewolf lower looks great, I'm almost tempted to sit down and see if the cost of buillding one is worth more to me than buying a colt 9mm and just excepting that they both use different mags.

riomedinamike

I have a Kel-tec sub 2k, and agreed that while it is mostly polymer, it has held up fine through thousands of rounds. I would recommend it for inexpensive shooting fun, but Kel-tec is selling all they can make and they are hard to come by.

For ruggedness, I depend on my AR 15 9mm carbine, but that's about a $1k option.

It probably would be cheaper to buy more ruger mags than do a conversion to take glock mags.

You might look into a Marlin Camp Carbine, but I don't recall the mags used on the 9mm version (I think S&W), as I have the 45 acp version that takes 1911 mags.

rjrivero

Glock magazines in AR Carbines

There are two options for lowers running Glock Magazines in the AR platform.

You can get a Lone Wolf Distributors Glock lower and couple it with an Olympic Arms 9mm upper strait up. You can use the Lone Wolf Distributors Lower with a modified bolt in the Rock River/Colt variety.

You can just buy an Olympic Arms 9mm carbine that use the Glock Magazines.

Then you have the Kel-Tec, which has been discussed. Then the Hera Arms conversion for the Glock. I believe the Hera Arms conversion is a SBR and would require appropriate registration.

Best of luck.

Last edited: