9mm blu boolits over AAC #2

ThatsNice

Any suggestions of on the 9mm Blue Boolits 125 RN over ACC #2. Looking for low high gn suggestions, also COL too. I see published stuff on their web site. Just wondering what you use... Thanks

Shadow9mm

I would call the bullet maker and ask if the have a recommended col. they might be able to get you in the ballpark.

aside from that make 1 dummy round. seat the bullet to 1.160 and start working down until you get a clean plunk, using your chamber as a gauge.

Hodgdon for 124g lead shows 3.4start to 3.8gmax at around 1012fps at max

my rule with lead, coated, and plated bullets is, as long as your staying under about 1250fps i used jacketed data. YMMV

#2 is an awful fast burning powder for heavier 9mm. It might be worth looking into other powder choices unless your just looking for a way to get rid of some #2. I have used HP-38, Power Pistol, CFE Pistol, #7, Clays in 9mm. #7 in my experience, likes heavier bullets, 124g and up and used more powder to get the job done. The rest all worked well for everything I have tried.

ThatsNice

I would call the bullet maker and ask if the have a recommended col. they might be able to get you in the ballpark.

aside from that make 1 dummy round. seat the bullet to 1.160 and start working down until you get a clean plunk, using your chamber as a gauge.

Hodgdon for 124g lead shows 3.4start to 3.8gmax at around 1012fps at max

my rule with lead, coated, and plated bullets is, as long as your staying under about 1250fps i used jacketed data. YMMV

#2 is an awful fast burning powder for heavier 9mm. It might be worth looking into other powder choices unless your just looking for a way to get rid of some #2. I have used HP-38, Power Pistol, CFE Pistol, #7, Clays in 9mm. #7 in my experience, likes heavier bullets, 124g and up and used more powder to get the job done. The rest all worked well for everything I have tried.
Thanks. I appreciate your feedback. I already got #2 dialed in with 124g berrys working really nice right around 4gns in p365 and p365 xl. (short barrels).

Shadow9mm

I have found faster burning powders to be more consistent in shorter barrels, as well as soft shooting in a 38spl snubbie. But i did sacrifice around 150fps to do it. I tested power pistol, hp-38 and clays. Much better velocities with hp-38 and power pistol, but also more recoil and muzzle flash.

Last edited:

ThatsNice

Cool thanks for the feedback. Thats why Im hear to learn. If I remember how to find this thread again Ill let you know how it worked out.

Shadow9mm

Please do. Always good to have another option in the stable. I have tried many odd combos over the years. While mostly were not the best, many worked ok, and i learned a lot.