9mm ammo for $3.86!

Larry C.

Howdy,

Academy Sports in Shreveport, La. has 50 rd. boxes of CCI Blazer ammo in 9mm for $3.86 a box! For comparison, .38 Sp. is $8.86. Wow! I'm having serious thoughts about acquiring a 9mm so I can have more fun.

Respectfully,
Larry C.

My local Academy sells 50 count Winchester .38 Special for $3.86 and the 9MM is about the same. Hard to justify reloading at less than $4 a box unless your time is only worth $1.50 an hour.

Moe Mentum

I don't have one in my state, nobody around here even comes close to those prices. How the heck do they do it ???

maxwayne

I stop at the Academy in Nashville everyyear when I go to Talladega. One time I bought 5600 rounds. Had to carry it out in a shopping cart. Thought that I was pretty well armed, had my Sig, 3 mags and 5600 rounds.

SNoB

Just imagine if you would have gotten pulled over with that much ammo, I can just see it now "police found a man with over 5000 rounds of ammo and a small arsenal, sources say he could have been part of a terrorist attack" on the news.

gb_in_ga

Too bad there aren't any Academy's here in the Atlanta area -- IIRC the closest is in Birmingham. Not worth the gas to drive all that way to get them.

Sigh, I miss Academy -- being from Houston, I'm used to having them everywhere. :(

johndavid400

by the time you pay for shipping on ammo, it jacks the prices WAY up and it is no longer a good deal.

I love Academy! ......stupid Galyans got bought out by Dick's sporting goods and stopped selling handguns :barf:
Academy is the only large retailer in Birmingham that still sells handguns and it almost always has the cheapest ammo. I however, use the russian steel cased 9mm ammo which is also $3.86 a box.

gb_in_ga

"by the time you pay for shipping on ammo, it jacks the prices WAY up and it is no longer a good deal."

Still better than paying retail around here. For .38 spl and .380 ACP, anyway.