92FS trigger jobs

Larry C.

Howdy,

I've decided to make the Beretta 92FS Brigadier my first "test-drive" for a full-size 9mm for IDPA. I have little experience with semi-autos in general; primarily a "revolver" guy. I just can't ignore CHEAP 9mm ammo! :eek:

My qustion is: Who here has fired the Beretta 92FS either DA/SA or DAO with the factory trigger job or the Langdon Technologies trigger job? Has it helped the DA? I dry-fired a new 92 today and the first pull (DA) was looong and difficult. The return was long, too. While the gun felt good in my hand, the trigger (out-of-the-box) was hard work!
Being a revolver guy, I was thinking about getting a trigger job (Factory or Langdon) and making my 92FS DAO with a good, lighter trigger; would hopefully feel familiar to my revolvers. Has anyone fired such a Beretta? Did you like it? Hope to hear some input.

Respectfully,
Larry C.

saltydog452

You are about half an hour away from the Clark family. They have a web site. Check it out.

That said, when my #2 son wanted to fool around with the 92FS to use in the 'leg' matches, he used David Sams. Sams has a web site also.

Had Jim Jr. and Kay Clark been closer, I would have strongly urged him to use Clark. He used David Sams due to recommendations of the other members of the Texas Nat'l Guard Shooting Team.

I'v heard that Ernest Langfdon does good work also.

Rather than fooling around with shipping the thing, I'd just drive over to Clarks. They're good folks. Be a nice visit for you.

salty.

Larry C.

Clarks: "Sorry, No Beretta's"

SaltyDog,

First, thanks for your reply. Clarks' was the first place I asked about Beretta trigger jobs. Jim Clark Jr. told me that they don't work on Beretta's. If I can't find .38 Sp. ammo for alot cheaper, I'll probably get a Beretta Brigadier 92 (DAO)Inox and have Langdon Technologies do a #2 trigger job, which hopefully will make it's DAO trigger fairly revolver like.

Respectfully,
Larry C.

dsk

FWIW, I installed a lighter mainspring in my Beretta and it made the DA pull a LOT nicer. Check with Wolff Gunsprings or Brownells for a lighter spring.

Pecos21

Langdon also carries the "D" hammer spring which greatly reduces both double and single action pull. It cost ten bucks i think. I would recommend starting there and if you still arent satisfied then I would send your pistol into Langdon's shop for work.