91 and 93 mauser

tdoyka

i have a 91 argentine mauser(well, its on the way) and a 93 spanish mauser(1922 or 23) that was bubba-ed up(so bad (puke)). i have a couple or several questions about them.

1. i like aperture sights (lyman, redfield, williams), esp vintage sights. is it possible to do a aperture on a 91 mauser? if it is, what kind?

2. what after market trigger(timney, jewell...) does a 91 argentine mauser fit on?

3. what after market trigger(timney, jewell...) does a 93 spanish mauser fit on?

thanks for your time and effort!!!

hooligan1

I have a Chinese 98 that has been drilled and tapped for a Redfield peep. Its on the right side in front of the bolt handle.

tdoyka

Kind of strange, they have model numbers M91 and M95 but under "compatibility" show Argentine 1909.

Midway shows
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006425684?pid=354917
Timney Featherweight Rifle Trigger Mauser 93-96 without Safety 1-1/2 to 4 lb Black
You might be out of luck on an 1891. Google says there used to be one, but no longer.
i thought that the 93 mauser timney trigger would work. so i emailed them and they said nope, no 93 mauser.

i try my best not to go to midway. misdsouth and graf usually do my business.

std7mag

Tdoyka,
I live close to you.
I got a large ring Mauser this past spring. It had been drilled & tapped with a peep sight mounted on the r/h side.
I'm building the action into a 7X57 Mauser hunting rifle for my daughter. Plan is to put a scope on, making peep sight useless to me.

Your if you wanna plan on meeting up sometime.