9 x 19 Glock load info

Dingoboyx

I am about to start reloading some ammo for my glock 34 (with Storm Lake Barrel). I have everything I need, dies, projectiles (LRN 124gr), primers and the powder I have is winchester 231. Only problem is I can't find any info on the appropriate load for 231 in 9x19?

I have looked at winchester/Hogden load data sites, but they only seem to have data starting from 10mm up?? and for FMJ's. For 10mm and 136gr FMJ projectiles, the load was 4.8 gr, so I am guessing 3.8gr to 4.2gr, but as the saying goes, better to be safe than in hospital :eek::D

I googled heaps and every data chart I came across started at 10mm, so I thought I would ask you reloading guru's on here :D

Oh, and what is your opinions on 231 in this application?

Muchos grassy-rrr's in advance :D

Jim Watson

Strange, the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center at www.hodgdon.com shows me all manner of 9mm + 231 data, including:

125 GR. LCN .356" 1.125"
Winchester 231
3.9 grains 1009 fps 25,700 CUP
4.4 grains 1086 fps 31,200 CUP

So your extrapolation from 10mm was not bad, but don't make a habit of it.

My opinion is that it is a good application. I load 9mm with HP38 which is off the same production line as 231.

fourrobert13

Try reading the sticky at the top of this forum. You might want to get yourself a manual rather than rely on internet data. I am not saying the data would be wrong, but you want a manual handy to verify the info. Hornady, Lee, Lyman, or Speer would be a good manual to invest in.

Dingoboyx

Thanks Jim

I was looking at 'Download Data Manual' instead of 'Reloading Data Center' :eek:

Got it all under control now :D

Thanks mate:cool: