Votes: 35 53.8%

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Cluster bombs

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMichael

Yah don't say it. I know another one. I was interested in doing a poll on it.

I have been carrying a Glock 19, which is 9 mm, however, I have been reading "Tactical Pistol: Advanced Gunfighting Concepts" and the author suggests a 45.

longhair75

Friend CMichael

First vote in, and so far the poll is at 100% 9mm ;o)

All kidding aside, shot placement is much more important than caliber. I remain unconvinced that a larger round would really make that much difference provided that one can hit the target.

ETA: a vote for .45 snuck in there while I was typing......

Last edited:

TailGator

I carry a 9 mm because I am back on target for followup shots quicker with it. No beef with someone who chooses otherwise. Different strokes . . .

Kreyzhorse

All things being equal, I'd go with the .45 acp. By the same token, I carry a .380 in the summer month because CCW is a compromise between power and concealability.

stargazer65

^Yeah, we could debate XD vs Glock, or birdshot vs buckshot, or 5.56 vs 7.62. That'd be new.;)

I just prefer 9mm because I can afford to practice more with it. Size, concealability, recoil, everything's a compromise.

TBT

A message board about guns and we talk about the merits of this caliber versus that caliber and this gun versus that gun... still don't understand why that's a surprise for some. I guess we could talk about baking maybe?

For me, I carry 9mm because I like the weapons it comes in and the capacity it affords. All things being equal (including shot placement) I would have to say the 45 would out perform the 9mm on a shot to shot basis. Problem is, all things are never actually equal. So the 9mm is my choice. To each his own.

hoytinak

Currently carrying a 9mm, though I'm saving up for another Seecamp .32 (I regret selling the last one I had) so I'll be going back to a .32.

shafter

This board definately has some topics that won't die. THIS ONE and the bear threads.

Actually they both make for good debate if they weren't so overdone

markj

This board definately has some topics that won't die. THIS ONE and the bear threads.

Anyone poll bears to see which one they wouldnt want to be shot with?

Or which one would a bear choose?

I would hate to be shot with either one, both will kill ya quick.

I told my son just last night, "focus on what is important, disregard the silly or insane, and get the job done" we were talking about homework he is 8.

aarondhgraham

I voted 9mm,,,

But then again half the time I'm carrying a Model 34 snub nose revolver in .22 LR,,,
I've just never bought into the must have a big bullet thing.

If someone wants to carry a hand cannon I'm all for their choice,,,
I just never thought anything above .38 Special or 9mm was necessary.

I've seen way to many breathing things go down fast with small bullets to ever deny their effectiveness.

Maybe if I lived in an open carry state where concealment didn't matter,,,
Then I might carry my uncle Acey's WW-II 1911 for nostalgia sake,,,
Because concealability is a factor I opt for small and feel okay.

I live in Stillwater, Oklahoma,,,
Not Beirut.

Skans

Either. Whichever one will fit into my pocket holster the best. These days, I'm more concerned about what I can carry easily, so long as it's 9mm, 40, or .45. Presently, I carry a .45, but I've got a 9mm that would fit just as nicely in the same pocket holster - I just don't mind trashing up the .45 I'm presently carrying.

brian45auto

bigger hole is better....it lets more stuff out.
the extra rounds that the nine affords are worthless if you can not hit the target the first few times. and if you are not hitting the intended target, what are you hitting?

ritepath

I split my time between my 9 and 45, except when I carry my LCP....

So I picked out cluster bombs. Whatever you shoot best carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.