8x57 components

ForneyRider

I am looking to get some Norma 123gr FMJ .323 bullets and Norma brass.

Anyone know a good place? Midway USA has been out.

kraigwy

Think you have problems

I have a Mannlicher-Schoenauer that I need to rebarrel. Its an 8mm also but a bit differant. Its the 8 X 51. It was the pre-.323 mauser, to keep it orginal I have to find a barrel thats .3189, then find bullets and get Hunnington to make me some reloading dies. I plan on using 308 cases. I have the chamber reamer and head space gages.

The only reloading manuel I found that mentions it, is Sharps, and all he says, 'IF YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN.

Oh well, it wouldnt be fun if it was easy.

F. Guffey

ForneyRider, I purchase 30/06 cases for .05 cents to .11 cents each, I use a forming/trim die to form cases and control head space at the time, before removing the case from the die I use a hack saw to trim the case, about 6MM, then finish with a file, 7.65X53, 8X57, 7X57 257 Roberts and 7.7 Japanese cost me from .05 to .11 cents each, and trimming is not a problem. I could have purchased 100 rounds of brass the 8MM or a case forming/trim die, the die was less expensive.

Is the Forney for Forney Texas?

F. Guffey

TEDDY

forming

harbor freight tools has a mini cut off saw(electric)2" blade which I use to cut the brass close and finish with trimmer.$27:rolleyes::confused:

ForneyRider

I've heard about using .30-06 cases.

I'll stick with the 8x57. But, if I get some range pickup I would do it just to do it.

Much Thanks.

If anyone comes across some Norma 123gr bullets, please let me know.