8K rounds of 5.56 for sale

TXAZ

Was looking for something else but ran across 8K rounds at a north Texas Academy this afternoon:

5ppzqXY.png

Not a 5.56 shooter but it seems like there's more spurts of ammo available at reasonable prices coming out.

TXAZ

I believe it’s $94.99 for 200 rounds.
But the first time I’ve seen 5.56 in larger than 20 rounds/ limit 3 in months.

kenny53

I would guess the good news is ammo is showing up. I have found one local store that has some ammo. I picked up 22lr, 22 mag, 7.62x39. good prices.

Houndog

Depends how far you go back. Last time I bought 5.56, which admittedly was over a year ago, I was paying .29-.30 per round. .50 is pretty damn expensive for a plinking round. But then I've seen people trying to sell 9mm for a dollar a round, so I guess it's all relative.

My advice - periodically go to ammoseek.com and check out their prices. In these post Covid times, if you see something for under .40 per round I'd jump on it and if you plan to shoot a lot get at least 500-1000 rounds.

I do think prices will start coming down again ... but it may take 12-18 months, particularly if we get a Dem. in the Whitehouse.

Bfglowkey

Academy...how i miss thee and your random availability of all things gun related. I would buy a box at the very least and stash it somewhere in case the election becomes a call to arms.