870mm???

Coop de Ville

Will be picking up a like new marine magnum tomorrow for $400.

Wanted to know how the cylinder bore compares to the IC bore of the police magnum.

I've heard good reviews so far.

Best, -Coop

Dfariswheel

The traditional short-barreled "riot" shotgun always had a Cylinder Bore, or NO choke barrel.

Remington, and many other makers are now using the Improved Cylinder, (Slight choke) because it tends to produce tighter groups with slugs, and tighter patterns with buckshot.

Remington's Law Enforcement web site says the Improved Cylinder is used on the Police guns "To improve pellet accountability in Law Enforcement use".

In other words, to produce a tighter patterns to help eliminate stray pellets.

Remington makes the less expensive Express line of 870 shotguns with the Cylinder Bore as a cost savings, and the Marine Magnum is an Express-based gun.

Since the Marine Magnum was intended to be a home defense and boat gun, the open Cylinder choke may actually be a better choice, due to the shorter ranges it's likely to be used at.

At shorter ranges the slightly more open patterns will probably be an asset.

Coop de Ville

Thanks for the help.

It looks brand new. It has the safety lock :(

Otherwise it looks good. bead sight... which I've never used. The bore looks like a mirror except for some leading at the muzzle and chamber end.

It has a metal wire (w/ rubber coating) top folding stock made by cop stock??? I don't know if these are any good.

One last thing... are the receiver pins suppsed to be nickel plated???
This one has side saddle bolts (used as pins).

Best Coop