870 vent rib barrel

5ptdeerhunter

I recently bought a 870 with a 20" cantilever barrel. Now I want to get a vent rib barrel, 26" or 28", I have decided on that yet.

Everywhere I look they are over $200. The only place I have seen one for under $200 was at a local gun show. For $195.

Does anyone know where I can get one for a good price?
Or should I get the one for $195.

Guyon

I have an 28" Express barrel on eBay right now. I listed it here in the For Sale forum but got no bites. It has had less than a box of shells through it and is in like-new condition. Comes with a modified choke.

My reserve on eBay is only $95. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1838489204

If this barrel isn't what you're looking for, I suggest you try Cabelas. Their barrels are considerably more expensive than what I'm asking, but they are cheaper than most gun stores. I bought a 20" barrel from them a while back.

Guyon

It has a standard bead sight on the end. There are a lot of makers that supply attachable sights for the vent rib (Williams, Tru-Glo, etc.), but for wingshooting or clays, all you need is the bead. I didn't realize that the pics don't really show the sight. If you want to see it, send me an email, and I'll email you back a pic of the muzzle end.

Guyon

5ptdeerhunter: The folks at eBay stopped the auction because I violated one of their inane policies. Check your email and give me a shout back.