84FS Cheetah,.380 Auto

Kurt+P+

I'm seriously considering buying one of these. I'm looking for a highly reliable .380 Auto that flawlessly feeds the ammo without jams. Does anyone own one these? What can you tell me about it? Does it feed FMJ and HJP equally as well while not showing favor to any one Ammo brand in particular? The Beretta 84FS is aesthetically very pleasing in my opinion but more importantly I want a .380 auto that functions reliably. Thanks in advance.

PSP

IMHO, the Beretta 84 is the best .380 you can buy. I have several and they have all been remarkably reliable. I never worry about which brand of ammo I shoot because they all work. Not only is the gun well made but the magazines are built like tanks too.

I have five different types of grip; the original plastic, wood (both smooth and checkered), rubber and Pachmyer. All afford great ergonomics and a firm grip. My favorite are the rubber grips, but as far as I can tell they are no longer available.

I've yet to find any fault in the Beretta. Buy one with confidence... it will last a lifetime. What other gun company has 500 years experience. ;)

predecessor

I echo PSP's sentiments. As far as the .380 line-up goes, the Beretta 80 series is, in my opinion, the best of the bunch. The only fly in the oinment is that price reflects this unfortunately.

Kurt+P+

Everything I've read about these guns support what you're saying. I haven't found any negative articles about the Beretta 84. I'll most likely pick one up here as soon as I can find one. A lot of the gun stores around my area are wiped out right now on inventory. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Pilot

IMHO, the Beretta 84 is the best .380 you can buy.

Yes, that is my opinion also. I have a M85FS and its one of my favorite guns. I carry it a lot. Yes, you will hear people say they are large for their caliber, expensive, etc. However, they are slim, relatively light and easily concealable. For me they are easier to shoot accurately than the mouse guns in .380. Its a keeper.

Honorable mention to the Sig P232, Makarov in .380 (or 9MM Mak) and the CZ-83 for excellent .380's.

Kurt+P+

I found a Beretta 84 today, I had to drive about 40 miles to get it though but that's okay. I traded in my piece of crap Walther PPK/S that I purchased last month on this new Beretta pistol. I had two main problems with the stainless steel Walther that made me want to get rid of it. 1) The slide would bite me inbetween the thumb and forefinger. 2) It only seemed to feed Federal American Eagle FMJ ammo reliably. When I tried other brands and different types of bullets like HP's the darn thing would jam on me. I was definitely not happy with that PPK/S. I hope to have much better luck with this Beretta pistol and not to mention the fact that it looks 10 times cooler than the Walther. Here's a picture of it.

Last edited:

PSP

Kurt+P+,
Congratulation on your new Beretta. They have a classic beauty. Sorry the Walther didn't work out for you.

CDNN usually has a good supply of Beretta mags. Stay away from aftermarket mags, except for Mec-Gar. Have fun with your new pistol.

Two of my Berettas, a 84 and 85, welcome your's to the forum. :D

TwoBerettas.jpg

robctwo

I shot mine in the back yard today. One round to test some new loads I'm making. My yard borders a 100 acre farm and I'm semi-rural, shooting is legal but none of us shoot a lot to keep the noise down. I got some 96 gr lead round nose at the gun show this weekend. Working up some loads for plinking with 700x.

I've never had a problem with any loads.