7mm STW brass?

Mike38

I’ve been searching for 7mm STW brass for two months now, with no luck. Many places on the net have it listed, but all are saying “Seasonal run, currently out of stock”. When is the seasonal run supposed to take place? I’m finding the same thing for 162 grain Nosler A-Max bullets, no where to be found. Does anyone know where to find any 7mm STW new brass and A-Max bullets? BTW, I’d like Remington brass because of the price. I’ve found Nosler brass in 7mm STW but I can’t justify paying $55 for 20 pieces. Thanks.

Scorch

7mm STW is based on 8mm Remington Magnum brass necked down to 7mm. 8mm Remington Magnum is based on a full-length 375 H&H blown out and necked down to 8mm. So you could make your own by necking down 375 H&H brass and neck turning, then fireforming, or buy 8mm Rem Mag brass and run it into your sizing die.

Nosler does not make the A-Max bullet, that is made by Hornady. Midway says they expect the 162 gr A-Max in stock by 4/5/10.

Mike / Tx

What Scorch said, try and find some 8mm cases, and you might even find them at a better price.

I have had to do this on one particular rifle I have that uses the 7mm Rum case. I found that "when" I could find them the 7mm was more costly than the 300, and since they were both the same basic case, I have purchased the cheaper of the two when needed. Also helps when my bud needs cases for his 300 that we split an order.

You might check the neck thickness just to be sure after sizing down. Some might need trimming some might not.

Good luck.

jem375

I have 200 7MM STW brass brand new that I bought to reload for my rifle and ended up selling it before reloading for it. Be glad to sell you some.