$75 to burn at Cabela's-Suggestions?

glockopop

I got a $75 gift certificate for Cabela's, and we're going to the big store on New Year's Day. Any suggestions on what to buy? I was thinking about stocking up on ammo or something, but I kind of want to get something I wouldn't normally spend the money on if I didn't have the gift certificate. I have a SIG 225, a Glock 35, and a Wilson KZ45.

Broad question, I know, but it's a damn big store and I don't even know where to begin.

gac009

If you go to a range where there is no electric target carrier, or if you like to go with friends some Peltor Electric Earmuffs would be nice to have.

Or a nice gun case if you dont already have one.

And if neither of those appeal to you, you can always get this

:D Let us know what you finally decide on.

Nortonics

How's about some new handloading accessories? Don't handload you say? Start entertaining the thought and buy a book or two on the subject. Cabella's has a decent section for handloarers...

Wiley

I got a gift card for Gander Mountain, ammo is the only thing they don't totally bone you on, that's what I'm getting. Cabelas seems the same, but I only know them as mail order.

Ben Shepherd

A good coat? A nice pair of boots?

I suggest something durable and reuseable when you use a gift card. That way you'll always remember who bought it for you every time you use the item/items.

Ammo is tempting for sure, but when it's gone it's gone.

skeeter1

A nice pair of boots?

That would be my first choice as well. I got a pair of Timberlands in the late '60s, wore them on many hunting trips, backpacking in bad weather, and many years of motorcycling. I've had to replace the laces and give them a coat of Snowseal occasionally. Still, that was the best fifteen bucks I ever spent. They no longer look like new, but then again neither do I. :D

SOSARMS

Boots, clothes, gloves, hats.....anything but ammo and guns.....
You can get that much cheaper almost anywhere...!!!

Clayfish

I wouldn't buy ammo from Cabelas. They are too high on ammo. I would go with a nice flashlight or an gun accessory that you can't live without.

chemist308

How's about some new handloading accessories? Don't handload you say? Start entertaining the thought...
+1 for that. That's how I get my Lee Aniversary Kit. Having loaded a box, I seriously couldn't believe I hadn't tried that sooner.

glockopop

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I spent a couple hours on the Cabela's website last night. At first I was thinking the electronic earmuffs, but now I'm leaning towards a Surefire. Now I just have to decide between a G2 and a 6P.

JJB2

i'd like to join that handgun forum but

they said they have banned me e-mail address... i've had that problem before tho. i can't get int othe smith&wesson forum either... they say they won't let my e-mail address in for some reason..... i don't understand why ......