700 Rem XCR II 25-06

homesick

This may or may not be the place to ask this but does any one have a 700 XCR II in 25-06 if so I would like your evaluation of it. I want one so today I went to a local gun shop to see if he could get one and what it would cost. Well getting a price was no problem but he couldn't find one he made several calls. I've been on the web and am not doing well there either. Sent an email to Remington and got back a link to frequently asked questions which had nothing to do with my question.

ndking1126

Sent an email to Remington and got back a link to frequently asked questions which had nothing to do with my question.

Haha, unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. Although to be fair, the one time I asked Remington a question, a live breathing person responded with the answer I needed.

Never shot one, but .25-06 is an amazing caliber.

Loader9

FWIW, my brother was hot to get one of these. We found one in Laredo Texas. The stock is a flimsy, at best, POS. You'll be spending more money for a decent stock. He passed on the rifle and since then the reviews I've read are about 50/50 between shoots in a hole and can't hit yer truck with it at 100 yds. I'd be willing to bet the issue with the non-shooters is the cheap crappy stock. Expect lots of issues with it and maybe yers will be a one hole gun.
Personally, I'd look at a different model. Best of luck.

Palmetto-Pride

Loader9 is correct about the stock not being up to par. I am a Remington fan, but they really should come with better made stocks. Dont know if you had your mind made up, but the Thompson Center Venture is a great gun for less money than the 700XCR II. A friend of mine bought one recently and it will shoot a 3 shot group 1 MOA or less. I bought a Thompson Center Icon 30-06 and it also shoots under 1 MOA.............FOOD FOR THOUGHT:confused: