7.62x39 shortage

ford_shooter

Shortage????

I haven't seen any shortage on Wolf 7.62x39. I just picked up 500 rounds from Sportsmansguide.com about 2 months ago..Try there or Cabelas..They both have Wolf that last i checked.

Eightball

I keep hearing about this, and for the life of me cannot figure out what you're talking about; the supply of Wolf is just as steady as it's always been......but, maybe I just know where to look (or i'm seriously lucky).

I haven't been looking very thoroughly, but have noticed most online ammo retailers have had Wolf 7.62x39 on backorder for several weeks at least.

No idea why, but there are other brands available in the mean time.

hillmillenia

for whatever reason...

There has been a shortage...I just received a case of Wolf from SMG after a
2-week wait and it seems to be back albeit a bit more expensive...probably not a bad idea to stockpile some for the future. All the paranoid rags recommend 1,000 rounds per rifle...I really like these hi-cap weapons but I dislike terms like tactical and assault...suppose there's no nice way to kill people in wartime action. Of course a real "assault" rifle has a automatic function...something apparently lost on the media:rolleyes:

WhiteFeather93

I actually posted about this on another thread. CheaperthanDirt.com is sold out and back ordered. Ammo.com -back order Cabelas Hamburg -back order and even my local go to guy is sold out and can only get it in buy the box... 20 round box. Maybe it has something to do with the import ban, I don't know but I do know that I am having a hard time getting any.:mad:

Eghad

All the TEOWOOKIE or whatever the heck that acronym is ordered it up for all the Hurricanes.

Seansxd40

From what I've heard, Russia is concentrating on filling their military contracts. So their supply isn't being exported here for a couple months. Again this is just what I've heard. I believe you should start to see it back on the shelves and online in a month or 2. Also what others have said about TEOTWAWKI and shtf guys are stocking up. I bought pretty much one of the last boxes from Aim last month and plan to get more cases once they are available again.

BlueTrain

How is the supply of .38-55 and .47-70 holding out?

Seriously, there was a supposed shortage of large pistol primers a few years ago. What caused that? Was there really a shortage or was it just a rumor that caused everyone to go out and buy a ten year supply?

Bowtier

I just went to a gun show last weekend to pick some up. I ended up buying out all they had....800 rnds Olympic? FMJ & 500 rnds Wolf hollowpoint. 1,300 rounds was all they had at the whole show!:eek: Oh well, that's enough fun to last me a while;)

joshua

You guys are paranoid

1000 rnds per rifle? OMG and LOL... I thought I was paranoid. With my old standby of 660 rounds of Chinese steel core and about 500 empty brass/.311 bullets standing by for both of my NHM90 and 91. Oh and about 2K rounds of .223 for my H-Bar and DPMS 16". I think I need to buy more 00buck & #4s for 3 shotguns :D josh

sterno

Yea, we've had a shortage of just about everything here in south Louisiana. I was talking to a guy I know who works in a gun shop yesterday and he told me that since the local Wal-Mart stopped selling ammo after the hurricane he hasn't been able to keep ammo on the shelf. All he had was one or two 1000 round boxes, I just wish I had a hundred bucks to drop on ammo. I was just wondering if it was just here or if it was everywhere.

So if no Wolf for awhile, what would be a suitable replacement? I'm not a hunter so it'd just be target grade I'd be looking for.

wolfdog45

I bought about 500 rounds last gunshow I went to (last month) They were selling them $12.00 for 100 rounds of wolf.
I'm planning on going to the next one.
Maybe buy 1000 rounds. And pick up some more reloading equipment.
But as for the shortage I havn't seen any here in Middle Tennessee.

keebo52

Maybe the supply is loosening up a little. I have 2 shipment of wolf 5.45x39 on the way, one of which was on backorder and that stuff is a lot harder to find than 7.62x39.