7.62 x 39 AR-15 Accuracy

Jimro

Depends on the ammo and distance.

I would expect 3~5 MOA with cheap ammo, and 1~3 with better ammo. Wouldn't expect sub moa groups.

Jimro

DMK

I have a 7.62x39 carbine with a free-floated Colt barrel. I have found the greatest limitation is the quality of ammo.

With a scope mounted on the rail and shooting from the bench, I tried every type of ammo I had, but could not do any better than 2"-3" 5rd groups at 100y. Mostly it was 4"-6" groups. This was shooting S&B, Uly, Tiger, Silver Bear, and Barnual (the tightest groups were Barnual and S&B).

I've never seen any match x39 and I don't handload, but I suspect that the rifle could have done much better with more consistent ammo.

rbernie

It's a standard AR so standard AR parts will fit it. My flattop free-floated 7.62x39 AR15s, with basic handloads not tuned to the rifle in any way, will all do MOAish (but no subMOA) five shot 100yd groups.

MMcfpd

I've had good luck with the 20 round USA frankenmags. They're out of production but findable on Gunbroker and arfcom's EE.

I also use C Products 10 rounders with no problems.

My 14.5" M1S 7.62x39 AR is quite accurate in the 50-100 yard range, using mostly Prvi Partizan and S&B brass FMJ.

rbernie

I've struggled with 7.62x39 AR mags for more than a decade, and for the most part resigned myself to the MGW 10rd units. Having said that, the latest run of C Products 30rd magazines have been quite reliable for me, and I have no quals about using them or recommending them. Be aware that there have been multiple attempts by C products to get it right, and the earlier efforts sucked. You only want the current production units.

DMK

I've had good luck with the 20 round USA frankenmags. They're out of production but findable on Gunbroker and arfcom's EE.
I have too. I got two 20 rounders and two 30 rounders in a package deal with some other stuff. The 20s have been great. The 30s not so much.

762x39_AR.jpg

My 7.62x39 AR15 with a 20 round USA "Frankenmag"