686+Metalife=SWEET

Tim Whittaker

On a whim, I decided to send my S&W 686 to Metalife for a hard chrome job, what a great job! I was told 30 days and I got it back in 22. Last year, I had the action smoothed out and was told that the Metalife wouldn't change the feel. They were right. I took it out this afternoon and put about 100 rounds through it. Flawless. And what a pleasure to clean, 10 minutes and it looked new again. For anyone looking for a tough finish, I'd suggest Metalife. Take care......Whit

VictorLouis

You hard-chromed a

stainless gun? Do you have really corrosive perspiration, or were you just looking for the ulitimate in rust-resistance?:D

Tim Whittaker

Victor,
A little bit of both, I have very corrosive perspiration and I wanted the best rust resistance I could have (short of Titanium Nitride $$$$$) I figured someone would comment on the Chrome with a SS gun. I had a minty Colt Python with the deep blueing and that poor thing couldn't go an afternoon on me without some surface rust. My motto for the old Colt "dip in said vat of Breakfree and pray for low humidity" Take Care ......Whit;);)