638-3

robctwo

Went to the gun shop yesterday to get some more decapping pins for the LnL. Browsing the used gun case. Nice little 638 with CT grips sitting there along with a couple other light weight snubbies. As I'm looking and talking the owner pulls back his jacket to reveal his belt carry. It's the 638 with CT grips. We talk reliability, quality of this used gun and price. OTD with an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for $569 including $10 background check.

DSCN1008.jpg

DSCN1009.jpg

I put a few light target rounds through it last night, no recoil issues. I put a few hotter 158 gr lswc through it, more recoil but very manageable.

I'll be looking for reloads that other members like.

My neighbor now has another gun he NEEDS for his collection.

8shot357

Doesn't look used from your picture.

I got the 638-3 to, it's been perfect, and I've shot a good share of +Ps out of it.

I carry GDHP 135g +Ps SB.

robctwo

My gun dealer is a good guy. He knows who bought it, why they bought it and why they traded it in. Maybe 100-150 rounds through it. No blemishes at all. I plan on putting that many through it next time I get to the range. Mostly very mild 125s.

http://www.adorama.com/CRILG105.html has the crimson trace on sale for $160 w/free shipping.

Those are the 105s, mine has the 305 with the air pocket. They are a bit more.

robctwo

Yes, and they are talking about raising it to $45. The state doesn't have enough $ since we decided taxes were bad, so now we have fees.