637 firing pin block?

DennisD

A friend of mine recently bought a S&W 637-2 Air weight .38 and never fired it. He wants to sell it to me (actually he wants to trade it plus $ for my 4513TSW). I’m not familiar with this gun. Does it have a firing pin block so you can carry 5? If so, how does it work? My girlfriend is about to do the CCW and I think this would be a good gun for her (except I'm not sure about having an exposed hammer for carry because it would increase the risk of snagging when drawing). Give me some input please.

DennisD

Thanks. After I posted I examined the gun and could see how the firing pin block works. Decided a spurless (or enclosed) would be a better choice for CCW anyway.

DenPro

I have a 637 and never had a snag. I carry it in my front pocket in a pocket holster. I have a factory CT laser on it and when I set the laser.....I shot single action. My first group of five shots was less than two inches at 21 feet, which is good for such a small revolver (and especially good for me considering my eyes are slowly but surely going down hill). I really like the option of having double action/single action. The CT laser is really cool, but I won't put one on any of my other guns.