608 grips

tomh1426

OK I just found alot of grips at MidwayUSA , I had no idea their were that many.
So I guess I have a diff ? now
How do I pick one without having it in my hand?
Their were so many they all started to look the same
I know this might be a dumb ? but Id feel even dumber if I spent $100 on a set of grips I didnt like.

tomh1426

Whats the difference between round butt and square , is it a style of grips or is it the shape of the gun frame?
I know this sounds real dumb but I dont know.
I "think" I want Houg square butt, stripe cap, 2 finger groove,no checkering in lamo/camo.
Id like black and grey but they dont seem to have them

omegapd

The difference between RB and SB is the frame of the gun. A RB grip won't fit on a Square butt frame.

The only recommendation I can make on the 608 is to try before you buy if at all possible. I have one and I can't find any grips to fit it. Mine has the Alpha prefix (or vice versa) where none of the grips fit right. I'm stuck with the ugly factory grips that don't fit my hand well at all.

tomh1426

I ordered a rubber one for $30 to see if it fits my hand and the gun
This way if it dosent fit Im not out $100 , plus Houge said their wood grips are made when you order them and will take up to 45 days to deliver.
Thanks

tomh1426

I got them today, they dont fit the gun.
I might be able to get them to fit but Id rather not.
The finger grooves were to close together for my fat fingers aneyway.
I ordered the one they said fits the 608 , Taurus med/large frame square butt revo but the box just says med frame revo and dosent mention the 608.
If I had spent $100 just to find this out after the 45 day wait Id be even more mad.
Guess I could sellem so it aint a total loss
Better yet I could buy a gun to fit em :cool:

tomh1426

What dont ya get?
I got grips that were supposed to fit but they dont.
I "might" be able to rig them on but Id have to drive a big a$$ pin out of my gun frame.
Original grips aint that bad

tomh1426

I contacted Houge and they said they make wood grips that would fit my gun, so I might try those.
They said to return the grips that dont fit and they will give me a refund , shipping and all.
They had me measure the butt of my frame , mine was 1-3/4" , whatever that means.
Now Im not so scared to drop $100 on grips that might fit , cuz I know they will takem back no ?'s

100W_Warlock

I have Hogue monogrips on my 608SS4

I like them VERY much, but, I had to trim just a tad bit of material off the location points and I used a hair drier on high-hot to "mold" it even more to the frame.

It didn't take much at all to do it.

No, the Taurus has a full metal backside strap which transfers recoil to my palm much more readily than the grips on my Raging Bull. But, I like the feel of the Hogue monogrips so well, I just can't leave the 8-shot wheel gun at home.

Plated 158gr bullets with a nice max load of Trailboss is a very fun target load and doesn't lead the barrel.