6.8 Gas

10-96

Hello ya'll.
The notion grabbed me to put together a 20" bbl 6.8. I ordered with WOA 20" bbl with mid length gas system. I haven't received all the parts on order yet, but I got the wonderments...

My other 6.8, a 16" RRA A2 stocked, is mid length and short stroked consistently with all factory ammo until I bought a light buffer. It also had the cut AR15 bolt carrier (not M16). Well, my current project (also A2 stocked) will have the heavier M16 carrier, mid length gas system, but more bbl past the port. Does anyone think I'll need to use a lighter buffer or address any other gas problems on this current project?

Thanks in advance.

10-96

Did anyone opt to replace a heavier bolt carrier with a lighter one?

(Maybe I was too long winded the first time:confused:)

Gunplummer

I put a 6.8 together a few years back with a 16" barrel and M-16A-1 carrier. I had a shorter buffer in a collapsible stock. It functioned OK with box ammo (Never did reload for it), but it did short stroke enough not to engage the last round stop. I took it out to hunt once and a while and never was bothered enough to do anything about it.

10-96

Thanks. I suppose the only real way to figger it out is to get it put together and shoot it a bit, huh?

Gunplummer

Yeah, a whole lot of difference in rifles depending on how well the bleeder hole lines up with the sight block hole which lines up with the gas tube hole. "Hole" lot of variables. Sorry, could not resist the pun.