6.5 Grendel 2,000y 130g nosler rdf

mel80

91wrDjm.jpg

If this wind dies down I'm going to go for it tonight
Calcs showing 2818 inches of drop at 2k

2k y is beyond my scopes ranging capabilities for this caliber so I'll have to set the max range and play with the bc numbers and velocity numbers till my scope displays the correct bullet drop

Wind is currently 13 mph but supposed to drop to 4/5 mph between 8-9pm gives me just enough light to try this

ndking1126

Subscribing. How do you plan to spot your shots? I've got a really accurate 260 Rem I'd love to try out at that distance. I'm joining a 1k yd range later this month.. I guess itll have to do! ;)

mel80

Subscribing. How do you plan to spot your shots? I've got a really accurate 260 Rem I'd love to try out at that distance. I'm joining a 1k yd range later this month.. I guess itll have to do! ;)

if my buddy cant come out witht he spotting scope ill do it the same way way i did at 1 mile just threw my rifle scope on my own , with the sand around my target its not to hard to pick out impacts, and even at such long range my gong is light enough i should see it swinging with a hit , hits at 1 mile were more then easy to see

mel80

Weather is perfect right now if this keeps up once I'm done with work going to do a 1500y and then go for 2k

mel80

practice shots at 1418 yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPGuamJb7Lk
couldnt do the 2k without a spotter so did just over 1400y had i tried earlier in the day with more like i think id have been able to do the 2k without a spotter but i wanted to test out my scope in low light conditions
should have a spotter tommorow for this
7oERi3Y.jpg

mel80

i pulled the scope off my grendel for now and put it on my creedmoor so this is going to have to wait a lil while while i play with my cm

mel80

new load im testing ( 1540y)
this was not easy trying to spot my shots threw the scope i could not tell how far off / high/low on the gong i was
only 1 out of 10 rds on target for sure , there is a possible 2nd round on target but not sure

28.8g of alliant power pro varmint cci #400 hornady brass 2.260 oal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x60-5tEoBsI
going to have to have my spotter for 2k y even under good conditions no way ill be able to spot my shots threw the scope , it was tough enough when i did the 1 mile and really hard today with the wind and low light