6.5 Creedmoor Semi Auto

'88Scrat

A couple weeks ago I submitted a thread in the Bolt Guns section asking for input about what everyone thought would be a good 6.5 bolt gun. The response was awesome and after some thought, I've made no decision. :confused:

So I thought I'd ask the same question but this time with regards to a semi auto 6.5 platform. I like what I see in the Seekins and the Rise Armemant 1121, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

jetinteriorguy

I have one from PSA and so far it’s been good. I haven’t been getting super small groups but it’s very consistent sub MOA, around 5/8”-3/4”. For me that’s more than good enough. One thing I’ve learned at least for my shooting skills, I’m more of a MOA shooter with the very occasional 1/4” size groups. I’ve tried for years to make these occasional small groups the norm but finally quit driving myself crazy and accepted that I’m a MOA guy and that’s not too bad. So for me this rifle is just fine.

Bfglowkey

In the semi auto world it is very easy to get "trigger happy" and speed is a enemy of precision. Doesnt meant it will kill your accuracy but it certainly does nothing to improve it. the 6.5 Creed has been very successful in the AR 10 platform for its power and recoil reduction. Go forward with confidence .

'88Scrat

Anyone know much about Grey Ghost Precision? Their Grim rifle seems like a very enticing option, if a bit pricey.

stagpanther

Anyone know much about Grey Ghost Precision? Their Grim rifle seems like a very enticing option, if a bit pricey.
I've built 4 AR's in 6.5 and 6 creedmoor, and I configured them almost identically to what your looking at in the Grey Ghost (just a coincidence) the only difference being I'm not a big fan of the PRS buttstock.

ed308

I'm not a big fan of the PRS buttstock.

Bet I know why..., weight. I've got a Aero 6.5 CM build with a PRS buttsock. Don't know the weight. By far, the heaviest AR in my collection. It's a beast.

'88Scrat

Anyone have any experience with the Scar 20S? I've read a few reviews that just rave about it's accuracy and modularity. That price tag is a hard pill to swallow though, $4500 MSRP with street prices around $4000.