6.5 Creedmoor DO NOT BUY

Zen Archery

Unless you've got a mile to shoot. Seriously...
Click Here For Video

On another note had a sales person at Cabelas tell me the 6.5 Creedmoor has "terminal performance issues."
It was at that point I pulled out my cell phone showing him 40 hogs I've dropped over the past years using 6 different bullets. Everyone of them efficiently dropping Texas boars from 25-315 lbs. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just informative in hopes he stops the myth of "poor terminal issues."

K31Scout

NRA's American Rifleman magazine (September 2017) took the 6.5 CM to Africa and With Hornady 143gr ELD-X and 120gr GMX cleanly and quickly killed Zebra, Gemsbok, Hartbeast, Blue Wildebeest and Springbok from 100 thru 515 yards. Recovered bullets expanded as advertised.

zipspyder

I really dislike when someone that is supposed to be in the know hands out bad advice as part of their job. Sounds like he was using buzzwords to sound knowledgeable, "terminal performance issues".

Certain cartridges fire magic bullets don't you know ?

For example, take a given bullet and fire it at an animal out of a .260 and the animal drops dead. Take the same bullet and fire it out of a 6.5 Swede and the animal drops dead. Take the same bullet and fire it out of a 6.5 Creed and it has "terminal performance issues".

I think it has something to do with the name. Some names just don't kill as well as other names.

TXAZ

Well... if it makes any difference, a shooter with a 6.5 Creedmore bolt gun had a first shot hit at 1609 meters (aka1 mile) at our fun shoot ELD event a month ago at a 16” steel target.
Other shooters had very solid performance from 600 meters and above.
It’s a very solid system with match ammo.

rickyrick

Has to be .30cal or above to perform in a terminally satisfactory manner... everyone knows that. :D
I’ve heard some eyebrow raising things when near the bun section of stores.

Stats Shooter

Terminal ballistic performance on game is a function of bullet construction, sectional density, momentum, and diameter.

There are instances where some cartridges cannot perform with a given bullet due to case capacity constraints, or because of projectile size constraints, but it is funny when you hear someone say something silly about terminal performance.

A 6.5 creed, in my opinion, makes for an excellent medium game cartridge. By medium I mean large deer and below. In Colorado there is a .270 cal and a ft. lbs of energy requirement on Elk, moose etc. So law may dictate where you can and cannot use the 6.5. But on medium game I think it is a great option.

I am actually thinking about trying my 6mm remington AI on hogs. With 110 gr bullets I think it will do just fine.

T. O'Heir

"...a sales person at Cabela's..." Is untrained and paid minimum wage.
Yet another reason not to get your education from YouTube. The idiot is an unsafe shooter. Loads the rifle without being ready to shoot and left the safety off. Get him kicked off a real range.

Deaf Smith

Personally I don't see much difference between 6.5 CM and 7mm-08 or other such rounds.

Neither kicks much, both take heavy bullets (but the 7mm as a bit heavier ones.) The long range drop between them ain't worth losing sleep over either.

I pick the 7mm-08 cause that is what I have. I see no reason to have two guns that are so similar in ability.

Deaf

bfoosh006

Very Nice !!

... I could tell you were slightly let down... let down because you needed a longer range !

This weekend I break in mine.

Mobuck

"There are some that get the sixer-fife mike mike Creeder, and those that don't."

Not really. Like any other cartridge, this super whammy jammer is limited by the laws of physics. It's not magical and can't perform significantly differently than similar cartridges already in use.

MarkCO

... In Colorado there is a .270 cal and a ft. lbs of energy requirement on Elk, moose etc. So law may dictate where you can and cannot use the 6.5. But on medium game I think it is a great option...

This is the CO law: To legally hunt elk with a rifle in Colorado, you must use a rifle that fires expanding bullets with a minimum caliber of .24 cal. or 6mm, a minimum weight of 85 grains that delivers at least 1,000 ft. lbs. of energy at 100 yards.

VoodooMountain

I think it is a great little rjob bud for hunting and paper. I don’t have one simplybecause I didn’t want to spend nearly 1$/ piece brass

bfoosh006

I gotta say... my PSA PA65 upper fired some outstanding groups on my first outing with it.

Sub MOA 5rd groups with 5 different factory ammo's ... I am sold on the 6.5CM.

Best group of the day.

23472704_1717166934970733_7087622229982456569_n.jpg

the blur

My X-bolt 6.5 shoots 1" groups at 200 yards. Off sand bags.
and I'm not professional :D

Can't imagine what it would do on a bipod.....