6.5 Creedmoor Brass

Fox84

The only reasonable new stuff I've found is Hornady for $37 for 50. Are Nosler and Norma worth the extra coin? How much accuracy will I be missing out on?

For now I will re reloading my spent factory Federal and Hornady cases

Fox84

300 yard, for fun target shooting.

I'am wondering if my ability, and other loading factors would overcome the variance in the less expensive brass.

Last edited:

TMD

If only shooting 300yrds no need for max loads. Hornady brass is known for primer pockets getting loose in as few as 5 or 6 reloads with max loads. Back off a bit and their easily good for double that.

AllenJ

I am wondering if my ability, and other loading factors would overcome the variance in the less expensive brass.

Less expensive brass can be match prepped which makes it as consistent as the more expensive stuff. The problem is the cheap stuffs variations are often so bad that by the time you have 50 cases ready you've purchased two bags worth to get there, meaning the more expensive stuff is actually cheaper. I used to only use Winchester and Remington brass and match prep it but the last few years I find myself buying Laupa more often than not.

Zen Archery

300 Yds. Hornady is just fine. Heck. The bullet isn't even warmed up at that distance hahahaha. The only time I become a stickler with brass is when you push load development and stretch ballistic range. 300 yards is neither for the 6.5 CM.

nhyrum

I use hornady brass and stretch mine to 1000, although it's barely stretching the legs on the 6.5cm

evtSmtx

pretty much agree with the above comments BUT

I found Norma and Hornady brass(only 1 bag of 50 of hornady) at the Cabelas in Buda, TX. I was dancing in the aisles until the sales guy said if I didn't calm down and buy something, he was going to call the cops.

I bought the hornady and left the norma. This is the first time I've seen ANY creedmoor brass on the shelf since march.

Looking forward to lapua brass for long range (q1 2017 they say)

Fox84

After forty rds of factory loaded Hornady, I had two primers back out halfway. I hope their new brass is a cut above!