6.5 bullets

Gunplummer

I just heard a terrible rumor that Hornady was dropping their 6.5 160 Gr RN bullets from their line. Anybody hear this?

Blindstitch

Never heard that. In fact haven't even seen them. I was hoping to get some to load 6.5 arisaka but 140 grain sst does the job.

Gunplummer

I have used Hornady and Sierra 6.5 160 Gr bullets in Arisaka, Swede and Carcano chamberings and they really wallop a deer when they hit. 140 Gr is OK, but some of my guns like the 160 Gr better for accuracy. I have a .260, but I can't load the 160 Gr bullets because they are too long to feed.

Gunplummer

I already ordered a box from Graf & Sons. Some of the higher priced 160 Gr bullets are out of stock, so somebody buys them. I was all over the net, but I think it was Grafs that had the 160 Gr .268 bullets also. When I was still collecting Arisaka stuff, I used to come across a lot of old ammo. I had some that I think was 190 grain.

tangolima

Graf used to sell 0.268" for carcano. It was supposed to be seconds from hornady. My arisaka T38 has to have that, instead of the normal 0.264" stuff. Now it all gone, 0.268" is no more. I have been looking for substitute since.

-TL

Hornady still lists both a .264 and .267 160 grain RN on their site. The .264 is part of their Interlock line. Not even on the temporary suspension list.

Instead of depending on second hand guessing, just call or email Hornady. It's usually worth making a call just to hear the answering machine message.

Mike / Tx

I think I sent a heads up to someone here on those .268's that Graf's had for a while. I hope they got plenty of them....

Oh and while on the subject, "tangolima" I haven't forgotten about you and your issue. I finally got some poured up in one of my molds now I just have to figure how to get them PC'ed and I think you will be in business...I'll holler back as soon as I find out for sure.

I only have use for a few of the RN type bullets. I haven't got a clue as to if they will be around much longer in .243 but those 105's work REAL well in the 760.

tangolima

I think I sent a heads up to someone here on those .268's that Graf's had for a while. I hope they got plenty of them....

Oh and while on the subject, "tangolima" I haven't forgotten about you and your issue. I finally got some poured up in one of my molds now I just have to figure how to get them PC'ed and I think you will be in business...I'll holler back as soon as I find out for sure.

I only have use for a few of the RN type bullets. I haven't got a clue as to if they will be around much longer in .243 but those 105's work REAL well in the 760.
Thanks Mike. I am not quite out of business yet, as I still have a couple hundred of those 0.268" I bought from Graf. There is hope. Thanks again.

-TL