500 grn. 500 S&W

Action_Can_Do

Hello Everyone. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the velocity and muzzle energy of Hornady's 500 grain 500 magnum load. I can't go to Hornady's site because of software on my computer that censors what I look at. My kid sister uses the computer for school and the school demands the software be in place.

cortez kid

Don't have a chrono, but I was disapointed in the Honady 500 grn. Paid a lot more for them and got a lot less in perceived recoil. Just didn't feel like all that. Very un-scientific, I know, but it's what i felt and I've shot most of whatever is factory loaded for that weapon. A 500 grn bullet at a decent velocity should have some slam to it. The 325's had more kick to them. The hardest hitter seems to be the 285 Ultramax's. At least thats how they feel to me.
kid

Diggers

Howdy,here is what they say about it.

In a 10" barrel --out of the barrel --1425fps with 2254 ft -lbs
-- @ 50 yards --1281 with 1823

The 350 grain seemed to have quite a bit more power. That is if the 500 doesn't seem to have enough for you. Jeez!!

Bill T

Hornady lists the 500 Grain .500 S&W Magnum loading at 1425/2254. Muzzle velocity 1,425 FPS, 2,254 Foot Pounds of muzzle energy. Bill T.