50 round .22lr magazines

Rifleman1776

I have always wanted a 50 round magazine for my Ruger 10/22. Years ago I bought two Ram-Lines. They didn't work, I sent back. They replaced. Next two didn't work either. This exchange has happened five times. I am tired of it. I have a very old RL 30 mag. that has worked perfectly all this time. But, being plastic, I'm sure it is near the end of it's useful life. Now, I'm afraid to spend more money on 50 rounders fearing there are none that will work. I don't understand why the 50s don't work but fact is they don't.
What brand might be reliable in the 10/22?

jstgsn

wow, you must have ammo to spare

We can't find .22 ammo anywhere. But if we did, I'd use the ruger 25 round magazine. smootthhhh.

Coach Z

The ruger mag is the BX-50 and yes it is essentially two right sides with a special middle shell that makes for the joined left sides.

I just got a promag 50 rd drum. I'll let you know how it ors when I get to the range

biohazard313

iu used a promag one in my 10/22 due to the mit i installed the butler creek and champion ones that are meant to join cant because of the AR style mag well. i had a promag 50 round drum and it was junk. i just use the 25 round bx-25s now with no issues at all