.50 bmg reloading and brass

predator86

just a quick thought that i had sitting at work tonight...how come no one here has started their own company that specializes in making .50 BMG brass??? you think that with the cost of ammo and the difficulties in finding brass would provoke one of you guys (who obviously have money, judging from the guns i see and the collections i hear about) to start your own company...maybe just specialize in "big caliber" brass

also, i was at scheels today and was looking at the reloading equipment (i currently dont reload) i was asked if i needed help, i told the guy that i was looking at reloading .50 bmg brass and asked him what i needed, well the look on the guy's face spelled "clueless" so i came here to ask the ones that already do it....

SOSARMS

For what reason would someone want to spend the time and the costs incurred for what is readily available??? Wasn't too long ago that one of my sales flyers listed a drum of new 50 brass , 1000 pcs. for a very reasonable price. There's plent of brass out there if you're willing to look some....;)

predator86

just going by what i have gleaned from conversations that certain types and calibers is harder to find than others...not everyone gets your sales flyers i guess....

predator86

still waiting to hear on what exactly i need to start reloading.....does anyone reload .50 cal?? yes im sure there is, now, what do i need to start reloading?? keep in mind that i currently dont reload and do not know virtually anything about it....also, does anyone have any expiriance with vulcan arms??? they got a .50 cal for 1900 bucks and i was wondering if the quality was acceptable...

50 shooter

I haven't been on the board lately so...

Stay away, FAR FAR AWAY from Vulcan/Hesse Arms!!! The FCSA has Banned them from competition and sales in their magazine Very High Power.

Plenty of reloading info out there on the .50 BMG, brass is also available but with certain political things going on and stupid actions by a certain company, prices have gone up. Brass usually sells for .45 cents all the way up to $1.75 for primed new stuff. Sad as I use to buy once fired for .15 cents shipped, times have changed.

Use your Googlefoo and type in .50 BMG reloading, if you don't want to spend big bucks Lee sells a complete kit, dies included. The thing I don't like about the Lee kit is that it uses smaller then industry standard dies. So if you want a custom die you have to pay extra for them to make it.

50 shooter

Do a search on hesse and problems, they changed their name to Vulcan to try to get away from Hesse! It didn't work as people soon found out the terrible truth.

There's been posts on the FCSA forum, Biggerhammer and other .50 forums about problems with Hesse/Vulcan .50's. Junk is an understatement and touching off a round with 220 grains of powder next to your head in one of their rifles... Not me!

Go to www.buyammo.com and type in .50 bmg for brass.

SOSARMS

Finally found my catalog containing the new brass....Wholesale only. Drum of 1000 primed.....
Have your local dealer check Williams Shooters Supply