5" Sc/Ti S&W 327

DennisE

Anyone own/shot one of these 8-shot Ti/Sc N-frame .357 Magnum revolvers? Would you share your thoughts/experiences with it? Thanks, Dennis

Smurfslayer

Nope...

I have the 627 though, and can tell you that with magnums, you really appreciate those 44 ounces. IMO the 5" 327 is a solution in search of a problem, except for Jerry's Grips of course :D If it was a 3 or 4" that could be carried, that would be cool, but the 5" barrel practically removes the concealment element.

I also have the 327 2", which conceals nicely for an N-frame. It's a little more "crimp" sensitive with heavy magnum loads, but I haven't found any factory stuff that the bullets unseat in. Even though this gun is ~22 ounces, the recoil isn't hateful. Stout, but not hateful.

If I could change one thing about the 2" 327, it would be to add an inch of barrel length.

The only thing I don't like about the 627 is... it doesn't come in 4" & 3" barrel lengths ;)

DennisE

Thanks! I have the 2.5" L-Frame Sc/Ti 386PD which I'm very pleased with and which I use for CCW, and I'm thinking about a little bigger Sc/Ti gun for the range. Dennis

Pezo

It's a nice 8 shooter but Its kind of large for ccw thus in my opinion not neccesiting the alloy frame. I wish they would make it in steel. and with a 3" to 4" barrel. oh yeah and also minus the lock.