.480 Ruger revolvers

riddleofsteel

Has anyone out there got any information on the new .480 Ruger round? I know it is supposed to come out early in 2001. Is this a totaly new case? Will it be a 5 or 6 shot? I assume it will be on a Super Redhawk frame. I would really like to see the ballistics on this one. Talk about potential for a BIG bore defense round. Could you imagine a ported snubbie in .480. WOW!!

riddleofsteel

for those interested there is a thread over at shooters/wheelguns/new caliber for the redhawk. apparently the .480 is about the same power as a hot .45 Colt or .454 Casull but with a larger bore diameter. if that is the case then the Taylor knockdown factor may come into play.

riddleofsteel

Actually that is just what i had in mind for it. Or a bear's melon or a hog's gourd. Particularly one that was fixin to make a chew toy out of me. There are not doubt better handguns to cruise the mean streets with. However a .480 would make a nasty hole in ANYTHING that it hit. Just might ruin a bad guy's day huh. PLus what would a .480 hollowpoint expand to if it worked just right? BIG HOLE i guess!!

LOL