.475 Linebaugh recoil?

Action_Can_Do

I have been considering buying a .475 Linebaugh in BFR for some time. My question is just how is the recoil in this massive single action revolver? The most experience I have in big bore revolvers is the .454 Raging Bull and I have no problem handling the heaviest loads in that gun. I'm wondering how different the recoil is in the BFR compared to the Raging Bull. I'm not the least bit recoil shy, but it does affect my accuracy. Any input would be helpful.

GI Joe

Well, the BFR will recoil differently than your Raging Bull because of the Single vs Double action difference. The BFR tends to roll and the muzzle will come back kind of close to your face, but you get used to it. I have BFR's in both calibers you mention (475 Linebaugh, 454 Casull) both with 7 1/2" barrels. I honestly cannot tell an appreciable difference shooting similar loads through each one. Top loads I have shot through them are Buffalo Bore (420 gr Hard Cast for the 475, 360 gr Hard Cast through the 454). The 475 may recoil just a little more, but not noticeably more. I think you will do fine with one.

If you are thinking about a 475 BFR, I highly recommend it. They are great guns and well-made.